Chapter 28

#### PAST  from the day of Karthik birthday to before the incident happened which sent her into coma####

*Satvi Pov*

How can you fail to bring the gift you bought last month for him to his birthday party? I scolded myself by hitting the steering wheel.

Now I must be pretty late, and everyone must have reached there. I should have been there and invite them inside and look after everything.

Nevertheless, I am stuck here in this stupid traffic. I glanced at my phone and immediately called Leela hoping that she will stop him from cutting the cake. Otherwise, my proposal will be played without my presence, and I am sure that will be the worst scenario.

"Hello?" I said when she lifted my call, but I can hear a few laughs in the background.

We only invited his family members, and our mutual friends right then why is there that much disturbance. I just hope all the arrangements are sufficient no matter how many people attend it.

That Karthik will not help me with this if there is any problem as he dislikes these parties and this being his birthday party is not going to solve anything.

"Satvi! I can't hear your voice." I got her disturbed tone, and then she just cut off the call.

I groaned and prayed some miracle to happen so that I can reach there soon. I guess God heard me because within seconds, the traffic moved, and I finally reached the lane where the hotel is present.

I glanced at the seat beside me and saw that my phone is ringing. Had he already cut the cake, and my video got played? I thought getting my nerve's hyper.

I picked it up and saw that Leela is calling me. I gulped and was prepared to lift the call after checking whether there is any space where I can park.

Suddenly, a black car came into my sight, and before I can press the break, my car hit it with force, and I immediately moved the car away to the left side making it hit a tree on the side lightly.

Before I can cover my face, my head fell on the steering wheel with huge force, and I felt a drowsy feeling inside my head along with the feeling of some bullet just got itself inside my head.

For some time, I didn't hear anything and everything has been just silent, but I immediately sat up hearing my phone ringing. I slowly lifted my head and from the corner of my eye, I saw that Leela is calling me.

She must be wondering where am I! I thought closing my eyes again, but immediately opened them remembering the birthday party and the proposal. I have to be there immediately.

I slowly opened the door, holding my head and got outside removing the keys from the car. I just took a step and felt my legs, losing their balance, making me lean on the door a little.

You can do it, Satvi! I thought taking a deep breath and took a few steps only to get stopped hearing a shout from behind me.

"How can you do the accident and just walk away?" I heard a harsh voice making me gulp in fear.

"What is your name? Where is your license?" he asked and I groaned again, but stopped feeling the pain in my head.

I hope no one got injured! I thought praying to all the gods. And started taking deep breaths to turn around and ask for forgiveness or some punishment, but also before that I will ask for some time break to reach the hotel which is just ten steps away.

"My car just got a huge dent." he again screamed, and I can feel that he is near me making me sigh in relief.

Nevertheless, what if he files a police case, and I will not even get a job if I have a police record. I just got graduated, and I can't put my career in a drainage.