Part 28

Shane coughed awkwardly. "Uhm. This is your brother, Cam. And your sister, Nikki."

"Awesome." Eli said, while grabbing my hand. "C'mon, Jane. Let's go up to my room." He started to pull me to the stairs.

"Eli stop." I whispered, planting my feet on the ground. I turned towards Shane. "Hi. I'm Jane." I smiled and held my hand out to him.

"Shane." He smiled back, and took my hand in his, shaking it.

"Nice to meet you." Eli grabbed my other wrist, and pulled me back to his chest.

"I'm Nikki." The girl smiled, and walked up to me with an extended hand.

"Oh, I always loved that name." I smiled to the girl and shook her hand.

She laughed and took a step back.

How Eli can hold a grudge on kids he's never even met, I don't know. His dad, I can understand. But he's never met his brother or sister. He can at least be civil.

"Cam." The boy waved at me, and smiled.

"Hi." I waved back, and leaned my heand back on Eli's shoulder. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Eli." Amber hissed, nudging him towards his father and siblings.

"What? They already know me."

"Eli..." I whispered.

"So you're my big brother?" Nikki asked, adoration in her eyes as she looked at him.

"Uh, yeah. I guess I am."

I walked out of his arms, and stood by Amber.

"I always wanted a big brother." She smiled at him.

"Hey!" Cam said in an obvious tone.

"Three minutes doesn't count, Cam." Nikki rolled her eyes at her brother.

"Count's in my book..." Cam grumbled, crossing his arms.

"So she's your girlfriend?" Nikki asked Eli, eyeing me.

"Finace'. We're going to be getting married after high school." Eli looked over his shoudler, and smiled at me lovingly.

"Awh!" Her smile widened.

"Good choice. She's hot." Cam commented, looking me up and down.

"Look out, Eli. You might have some competition." I giggled.

"Take my fiance', and I'll take your action figures." Eli warned jokingly.

I laughed, and walked to Eli, wrapping my arm around his waist. He draped an arm around my shoudlers, and pulled me close to kiss my temple.

"Shane, how about we go into the kitchen, and set the table. Get dinner ready." Amber said, walking into the kitchen. The clacking of her heels fading with each step.

"Good idea." Shane passed by Eli and put a hand on his shoudler.

Eli instantly tensed at the touch.

"Good to see you again, Eli." Shane whispered.

"My mom is waiting for you." He hissed.

Shane nodded, and slowly pulled the hand off Eli's shoulder, then walked away to the kitchen.

"You're being mean to dad." Cam noticed.

"What's with that?" Nikki asked.

"I have my reasons." Eli said through gitted teeth.