Part 29

• Dedicated to Everyone who has ever given this story a chance! It truley means a lot! Thank Yo

"We're getting married...Again. They're moving in with us." Amber explained.

Eli stood silent for a couple minutes befoe speaking. "You're kidding me right?"

"We've fallen in love again, Eli. Surely you can understand that." Shane said.

"Jane. I'm staying at your house for a while." Eli grabbed my hand, and towed me upstairs.

"Eli! Let us explain." Amber tried.

Eli stopped half way up the steps, and turned towards his mother. "No. Mom, if you want to let him back into your life, that's fine with me. But don't expect me to let him back into mine."

"Eli." Nikki sobbed. "Don't go."

I felt really out of place. This is a family issue. Sure, I'll be part of this family soon, but right now, this whole situation is awkward to me.

"I'm sorry, Nik." Eli twined our fingers, and finished pulling me up the steps, and into his room.

I didn't know what to say, so I kept my mouth shut, and sat on his bed. Playing with my fingers.

"Married! Why the fuck would she get married to him?!" Eli grumbled to himself, pulling out a suitcase from his closet. "She can do so much better." He placed some t shirts in his bag along with some skinny jeans and boxers.

He left into his bathroom, and after a few minutes he came back with his tooth brush, a comb, shampoo and conditioner, and deoterant.

"Why aren't you talking?" He asked me, placing his toiletries into the bag.

"I don't really know what to say." I answered honestly.

He stopped packing, and came to stand in front of me. "I know I probably look like a complete douche right now. But can't you see my point in any of this?"

"A little."

He leaned down and kissed my lips. "I love you."

"I love you too."

After he finished packing, we went downstairs.

"Eli, don't go." Nikki pleaded, running over and grabbing a hold of one of his legs.

"Nik, Jane lives within walking distance. You'll still see me." He patted her back.

For only meeting her today, he's acting like he's known her her whole life. Just playing the big brother roll.

Nikki pulled back to look up at him. "Promise?"

Eli gave her a small smile and kneeled down, his knees cracking in the process. "Promis." He whispered, kissing her forhead.

I mentally 'awwed'.

Eli stood back up, and took my hand in his. He looked toward his mother, and shook his head a little bit. Ambers eyes filled with tears, and she hung her head. Shane put a comforting hand on her back, rubbing it soothingly. Cam moved to go and comfort Nikki.

"See you around, mom." Was all Eli said, before he left out the front door, me in towe.

"Bye, Amber, Shane, Cam, Nikki!" I squealed before the front door could cut off my voice.

It was a silent walk to my house. Eli never let go of my hand.

In ways he was being a child about this whole situation. But in others, he has a right to be angry. I mean, his mother was left alone to take care of a five year old child, while the father just ran off with the last of his family.

I'd be pissed too.

"Sure your mom won't mind me staying in your room?" He asked, as we stood on front of my bedroom door.