Part 32

The next few days at school was really awkward.

Tyler kept smiling at me, and Eli kept glaring at him.

I never told Eli. He just doesn't like Tyler looking at me.

The guilt is eating me alive. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't look at Eli for more than two seconds. I couldn't talk without the fear of mentioning the kiss.

"Jane, what's wrong?" Eli asked as we were walking home.

"Nothing." I murmered, shaking my head.

"It's practically been a week since you started acting like this. I'd have to be stupid not recognise you aren't acting the same."

"It's nothing."

"Bull shit."

"Eli...Please just leave it." I begged.

"I can't do that. Please, just tell me."

"IkissedTyler." I whispered, closing my eyes and hanging my head on shame.

"You what?" Eli asked.

"I kissed my best friend."

"You have to be kidding."

"No." I choked, tears coming to my eyes.

"You fucking kissed him?!" He yelled. "When?!"

"A week ago."

"When you guys hung out? You kissed a week ago, and you didn't want to tell me?!"

"Eli, I didn't want to hurt you!" I yelled at him.

"Didn't want to hurt me?! If you didn't want to hurt me, you should've told me the day it happened!"

I knew I was going to regret not telling him.

"I'm sorry." I sobbed.

"Me too. We're done, Jane. Done. Keep the ring." With that, I watched my now ex fiance' walk to away, and the tears poured down my face.

I think I just felt my heart break, and smash into little tiny pieces.

I knew I deserved this, but I felt terrible. Eli was nothing but truthful, and loyal to me, and I had to go and ruin it. I'm such a bad person.

I let out a shakey sigh, and started my walk home.

~:~:~

I spent the night watching terrible romance movies, and eating the typicall break up food; mint chocolate chip ice cream, and a box of mint oreos.

The next morning was the same thing. I'm actually happy my mom went on a two week long buisness trip yesterday.

"Jane!" A voice yelled from the other side of the front door.

I groaned, but got up to answer the door.

"Cara?" I questioned.

"I can sense break up from a mile away. What happened?" She said, walking into my house, and taking a seat on the couch.

I was moving to shut my door, but a pair of green eyes two doors down caught my eye.

They were full of sadness and betrayal. I knew that. I mouthed 'I'm sorry.' while a stray tear fell down my cheek, and I shut the door.

I walked over to the couch and sat next to Cara.

She smiled sadly, then pulled my into a hug.

"What happened, Jane? Did he hurt you? Oh my god, if he did, he will get a beating."