Chapter Five

Halley entered her new room with awe. The bed was huge and had white drapes surrounding its exterior. Halley step closer as the butler quietly close the door behind her leaving her all alone in the magnificent room.

Her fingers trace the soft,mussy duvet that cloud the bed protectively. Her eyes widen with disbelieve at the white satin dress spread out before her. It was gorgeous and look very much expensive. Holding the dress to her body she walked to the huge cheval mirror adjacent to the bed admiring her appearance.

"You can admire it better,if you put it on"

The voice caused Halley to jump and quickly turn to face a young maid who smile sweetly at her." I'm chevon your lady maid." She curtsey.

" I'm Halley." She said with a smile placing the gown back on the bed." I had never have a lady maid before. "

The maid smile as she approach Halley." Nothing to it really, now let's get you out of these clothes and into those." The maid told Halley as she gesture to the dress.

"Lord Fisher wasn't jesting when he said I'll be married today." she said in shock pulling her long black hair over her shoulders so the maid could unbuttoned the back of her gown.

" His grace don't jest my lady." She reply." Let's start with a bath, I'll have some warm water brought up here in a minute."

Halley didn't know what to say. Everything was happening so fast she could hardly keep up. To make things worst she had no say in anything. With a nodd of her head the maid hurrily went downstairs to get the water ready.

*******

"I never thought ,I'll live to see this day."

Joshua who was now placing his waistcoat on turn to see his best friend standing with amusement across his face.

"I would have say nice to have you back here in Wessex but I'm pissed as hell. I can't believe my father had the audacity to bring back a wife for me. One I sure as hell ain't want. I don't even know her and to make things worst he even threatened me. This girl is just a naïve twelve year old who is just learning to grown up---"

"Oh Joshua tell me how you really feel?" David said sarcastically." Now tell me what is she like?"

Adjusting his cravat he answered. " she is alright, no wallflower I suppose. "

"Hmmm"

"I have to go through with this silly wedding so you won't be able to find my body in a river or some sort." Joshua mumbled.

"You have a very active imagination there Josy. You're his only son and he wants the best for you." David replied.

Joshua give his friend a funny look." Jennifer have really gotten you soft and it's only been a month. Two months from now and you'll be a marshmallow."

"It's love my friend and you will soon have it." David said grinding from ear to ear.

"Not likely to happen my friend" Joshua smoothed back his hair and place it in a ponytail.

"Let's just get this over with." He sigh.

"Where are your shoes?" David asked with a raised of a brow.

"My valet went to polish it. Seems like everyone was prepared except me."As if on queue the valet burst through the door with his teeth shining brighter than the shoes.

*******
Don't forget to vote :)