Chapter 49

The garden was Paradise.

It was a warm spring evening, roses and all sorts different wild flowers swayed to the soothing breeze, irritated that night was taking to long to descend upon them, so they could take a nap from the alluring vicious wind, that bend them in a such manner that they looked as if they were bowing to the princess as she swept past them. One of her hands rested on her blue bonnet, while the other held her white skirts, just above the knees, preventing a dreadful fall. The wind, redolent with the sweet fragrance emitted from the bright flowers, fondled on the ribbons of her gown causing them to chase behind her like a determined pursuer.

She was a beauty.

The king of Spain  watched from the window of his Royal study with tears dancing in his eyes. It was such a pleasant surprised to set eyes upon his daughter after years of believing she was dead. Oh how his Arenilla would be overjoyed, if she had lived to this day. His family would have been complete, as it once was. He heaved a long solemn sigh. He should had stayed away from her. The Royal Physician had warned him about his wife's condition if she gets with child again but his wife discard the notion. Her desperation for another little girl was to strong and the king had went against the Physician's words. He wanted to make his queen happy. The King's face hardened as he remembered the screams of his wife, that dark winter night, until it faded as soon as the sun rise the following morning. She did give birth to a princess but death took them both. If he had not been so weak, she would have been present to witness this miracle.

The king had wanted to travel to England the moment he got the news about his daughter. Although it was not certain that this British man speaks the truth. It was a risk he was willing to take. One he was thankful, that his son talked him out of, pleading that he should stay in his country nursing a common flu that had gotten worst in his absence. Very dreadful. The king's determination to see his son returned safely; hopefully with his daughter had kept him alive. He had not fear death since his wife passed away it was all he ever hoped for each day. Even though he had a son to take care of. He hung his head ashamed of his past dark thoughts. What was the point living, without his Queen, his love? though  he was here with Alejandro Physically, his spirit was not. It wasn't until he saw the lovely lady climbing those steps with his son,  joy radiated inside him. He now have a miniature version of his wife; his daughter back at his side.

But his daughter did not came alone. With a smile he watched as his grandchildren started to seek out their mother. They brought so much live back to the castle. He couldn't remember the last time he had laughed this much. His hands went to rub, pensively at his chin. In his trance of remembrance he had lost track of his daughter's whereabouts and was now wondering where she disappeared to? She was a master of hiding herself, the first year she spent in Spain was in her bedchamber. Locked away from the world, she was still in a dazed of shock of finding out that her real parents were Royals, and the prospect of living in a strange country equally surrounded by strangers. Then again, the king still wonder if that was her reasons? Alejandro had told him about what happened to her husband back in England. It was heartbreaking and at nights he could swore, he heard his little girl crying. The king sighed, It was good to see her smiling now and outdoors.

***

Halley's feet carry her through an tunnel of green willow arch with meadow daisies at her side, few stubborn curls escaped the bonnet to get a glimpse of the beautiful scenery. She stood after leaving the comfort of daisies to seek out an hiding place. She didn't had much time. She could hear the children screaming her name. Roses of different colors, run over the walls, there were a few suffocating an angel statue that stood with grace in the pond, not far away. She pick at her bottom lips, before a perfect secluded spot was located.