Chapter 35

David smiled with satisfaction as he took a step back to admire his work. He was a genius! He had just transformed his friend's bedchamber into a miraculously romantic Paradise. Taking a quick scan around the room, he notice one of the many candles were not lit, after lighting it. He swept a hand through his brown curly hair. " Joshua, so what do you think?"

Joshua glanced at his pocket watched for the thousandth time, that evening. Since the ladies left, the watch had became his focus of attention. His eyes drifted at the still-closed door. It was getting very late. The carriage should be arriving with the ladies any moment. Where the hell were they! With a creased forming at his forehead, he moved anxiously towards the window.

" Joshua Fisher! " startled, the pocket watch slipped through his fingers.

" Dammit! David why you got to shout like that! "

" I was trying to capture your attention for the past few minutes! " David retorted. " What's wrong! " his hands flew in the air with exasperation.

" The ladies aren't back as yet and it's almost time for supper" he picked up his pocket watch, with a shaky breath he snapped it back shut.

David would be a huge liar if he said, he wasn't worried about having Jennifer out shopping without him. It seem like a good opportunity for the Ladies to have a little alone time, without their husbands. He just need to keep calm and give them some space. Don't freak out. They would be here. " Relax, they would be here any minute. The little rain probably got them delayed." The pep talk did little to settled his aching nerves. " So what do you think about my creative skills?" He gestured around the room.

Joshua eyes narrowed at his Friend's attempt to change the subject. How could Joshua relax when his wife wasn't at home? " I hope you are right about the delay." He pulled out a chair from the small dinning table, that was beautifully decorated with a white embroidered cloth, complemented with a vase of red roses standing proudly in the middle. Joshua's finger lightly brushed against one of the white roses that was placed at each end of the table.

His eyes drifted to the rose petals on his bed where David sat slowly running his hands through his hair. The candlelights flickered across his face giving Joshua a clear view of his worried expression. Joshua leaned back into the chair with frustration he blew a strand of hair out his face.

Good heavens! It looks like they brought the entire garden into his room. He mused distracting himself by the ridiculously amount of roses surrounding him. " Why are laughing? "

" Nothing " Joshua shrugged his shoulders. " was just wondering if I still have an outside garden." He chuckled.

"You're unbelievable!" David playfully grabbed a hand full of petals and threw it at Joshua's amused face.

"You have murdered my roses!"

" You know a thank you would have been nice considering I had to improvised due to the sudden change of weather. "

"Really now?" Joshua eyebrows arched. " you mean this wasn't your brilliant idea at first? " he teased.

" Look I said I had an idea never said it was brilliant" he defended. " to answer your other question, I was actually thinking about a romantic picnic in the gardens that's until mother nature swept in."

It took a moment for Joshua to answer, when he did his voice was laced with amusement. " Although Halley would have love the outdoor idea, I like this one better. It's closer to the bed"

" I did not need that image in my head right now" David groaned.

Joshua chuckles slowly faded in the air. " Christ! I give up!" Joshua jerked out of his chair and stormed off towards the door. His wife was testing his patience. He had suffered enough without her for these past few days. " I don't care if she hates me more after the scolding I'm going to give her!"