Chapter 18

Very sorry for the late Update had taken ill but I'm fine now mwah :)

Joshua  searched the entire house looking for Halley with the help of his servants. He thought it would be quicker. It turned out to be quite the opposite. How hard is it to find one lady. It was getting very late and his friends returned to bid their farewell. Not staying for dinner due to the weather.

“Joshua?” Jake smirk at his friend who was busy peeping under the table.

“ Oh look Jennifer!” Lady Katherine shouted excitedly,upon seeing Jennifer and David making their way to the drawing room. “ they are playing hide and seek!” Jennifer pat lady Katherine on her cheeks playfully. Secretly checking for any sign of fever. Katherine was so naive. It scared her.

Joshua raised from the ground and glare at his friends who all wore amuse looks on their faces. “ I suppose you all think this is joke having my wife use me as a punching bag ”

“ Well look on the bright side Josh. " Jake snake his hand around his grumpy friend’s shoulder. “ you got to stretch your legs. ” Jake had never saw his friend ran so fast in his life. He has always been the sort of lazy laid back type of gentlemen. Hiding behind his desk. It's good to see him exercising and blowing off steam.

“Wait until I find her ” Joshua had no intention of laying a finger on his wife. He would never hit a woman even if they beat him a million times. A more mild punishment would suit that athletic wife of his. By Jove! The woman can run!

“ Oh just forget it would you? besides you deserve it. ” Jennifer said bluntly with a nonchalant wave of a hand.

“ She is right Joshua. No harm came from it only maybe your bruised ego ” David chuckled.

His ego was bruised alright.

“Master Joshua we can't find your wife anywhere. What happen to your nose? it's bleeding. ” His valet Vinson questioned with a raised of a brown. Entering the drawing room.

Joshua touch his nose lightly. It was indeed bleeding. In his rush to find his wife he had forget to take care of himself. “ I ran into a wall. ” He didn't need the entire Household to know his wife is to be held responsible. How would that make him look?

“Interesting wall ” his valet mumbled.

“Very” Joshua's forehead creased at Jake.Who suddenly taken interest in the plant in front of him. His body was bent discreetly eyeing the plant like a hawk as One of his hand caress its leaves. “ very interested indeed!”  Joshua knew it was only pretence. Jake didn't even know how a rose smell. All of a sudden he is a botanist? Acting like he was referring to the plant in his interjection remark. Real smart Jake. Joshua look to the heavens when Jake continued.

“ Davy,you guys have got to feel this plant's leaves ” Any jury would be convinced by the way he spoke. Jake could not remember having this much fun. He just love getting under his friend’s skin. Seeing the very annoyed expression on Joshua's face. He mentally pat himself on the shoulder for doing such a fine job.

Joshua sigh defeated. Jennifer and David's laughter could be heard from a mile. Even his valet had this amuse smirk on his lips. Everyone was laughing at him. His wife had turned him into a laughing stock.