Epilogue

Lightning flashed in the inky sky, bringing color to the dark room. Halley opened her eyes, startled by the thunder that shook her out of deep slumber and reached for her husband, only to be greeted by the cold sheets. Halley sat upright, hearing the raindrops clashing against the glass windows, seeking entrance. When did it start to rain? And where was Joshua? She hugged her knees staring at the door to open any minute. Living in the countryside in Wessex had been her husband's idea of escaping all the bitter memories that had transpired in the previous home and surrounding. It was more peaceful and huge to raise a family. Halley knew it was the spacious estate that got Joshua so inclined to live here. He thought that she would feel more at home in a house that resembles a castle. He insisted on making her as comfortable as possible. It was a beautiful house, comprised of two lakes, many fountains, and gardens. The place even had its own forest but most of all she enjoys the tranquillity, the peacefulness.

Jennifer had even gushed about the serenity of the place upon visiting. A smile pulled across Halley's face involuntarily, remembering her friend's expression when they finally met after so many years apart. She was so enlightened and shock when Halley visited her in Birmingham a few weeks ago. Halley was too eager to wait and had Joshua and their boys traveled to Birmingham, just as soon as they set foot of the Royal Spanish Ship and on to British soil. She had made her promised by visiting her uncle in Sweden and was happy to be present for the birth of the future King. Queen Rosamund was happier than she had been and with the people now warming up to accepting her as their queen and the arrival of her son, Lucas, she was glowing with happiness.

Halley had also got to learn a lot about her birth mother where she spent her childhood, what sort of person she was like from old family friends and cousins. Halley had never felt so angry and lost. Angry that she had never got the opportunity to meet her mother and lost because she knew nothing of these people. Joshua didn't oppose the idea of visiting Sweden. He wouldn't have objected to any decision she made. He was so caring and understanding, that's why she had made the decision to live in England and visit her father every two years. With hundreds of guards at her disposal, including some from Sweden due to her uncle's pressing concern. Halley felt a lot safer returning to England. Everyone thought Joshua had run away from home, after Regin inform them of his departure, never had they expected him to travel to Spain or suspected that he had retained his memory. There were even rumors that Joshua had escaped to the Continent with Samantha or the 'man-killer' as they called her. The Duke had disappeared shortly after Joshua had left and no one had seen him since.

"Joshua?" She whispered when the door creaked open. She saw a glimpse of light flashed outside before entering the room.

"Halley," Her husband made his way towards her, after placing the lantern on the vanity table. "If I had known you were awake I wouldn't have stayed away-"

"I didn't wake long" She assured him.

"Good" He gathered her in his arms pulling her back against his chest. "I know how much you hate stormy weathers" He kissed the back of her neck. Halley smiled and closed her eyes. "I was just seeing how our boys were settling with the storm."

"They are heavy sleepers" She replied. "No storm could wake those two especially with the day they had today." Joshua and the boys had gone exploring today. She didn't understand why they were so keen on traveling every day to the forest. Maybe it was just a way of bonding? A male thing.

Joshua only mumbled, his response and for a long moment, there was no noise but that of the brutal weather. "A letter came back from your brother Timothy this evening. They still haven't found her."

Halley sighed. It was getting frustrating not being able to find Samantha. Her brother was now a doctor and they had met when he visited The Countess of Birmingham house as Doctor Adell's assistant, learning a few more tricks before he took the old doctor's place. Apparently, he had nothing to do with the letter his parents sent and had missed her dearly. Halley had summoned the courage to visit her parents, to thank them for giving her such a wonderful childhood. They might not be her real parents but she loved them. She had asked her brother to help search for Samantha and even instructed some of her guards to assist. The results were always the same. Nothing. It's like she doesn't want to be found. Joshua had told her all about their courtship, with David bringing some truce to the story about the fact that it was his idea. Did she felt ashamed because of that? Even though the intentions were good?

"I promise we would find her, my love"

"What if she's not in England?" She turned on her back, pivoting her head to stare at her beloved face.

Joshua's knuckles brushed along her cheek. "She is." His lips brushed against hers. "Now why don't we focus on other urgent matters?"

"Like?"

"Giving me a daughter" his voice husky with need. "The boys need a sister" Capturing her lips in a lingering kiss, he brought her closer to him. Halley's entire body hummed with desire, it brought a blush to her cheeks. She too wanted a little girl, after meeting Anna her desire had grown for more children but Halley knew Joshua was more eager for the daughter than her and she was more than enlighten to please him.

"We must not...Disappoint them..." She breathed, between kisses, her hand smoothing over his hair. Halley's heart continued to burst with indescribable joy since her husband returned to her. She could not wait to see what other wonderful surprises life had for them both. Everything else faded from her mind as she surrenders herself to her husband's lovemaking.

***

Sadly the story has finally come to an end. Thank you all so much for reading this story and not giving up on it. I really appreciate it. I am super excited to write Jake's story( Whispers of the sea) and I hope you would like it as well. Don't forget to vote and comment :)

Thank you :)