Chapter 27

Joshua I found out Larry is a french spy, but that's the least of your problems. The princess is actually your wife, I know you wouldn't believe me but it is true. I overheard Larry and that french guy talking in his study for more information I suggest you talk to your father!!!

Samantha

Samantha let out a triumphant sigh, a smile stretched across her face. This is it. Having gone through seven writen letters. The eighth seems to convey the message more than the others. It's short. Simple. To the point.

Folding the letter neatly. She tapped it against the palm of her hand. If it wasn't for her dreadful ankle. The message would have been delivered personally.

Her head hit the pillow with a sigh of frustration. How she resented the fact of being stuck in bed these past days. She now knew what it felt like to be paralyzed. It's like you're dead. But still alive.

On the bright side, she now knew how much beams were on her ceiling. She need a new mattress, for this one was making her back ache. And there was an annoying bird screeching at her window. Every blasted night!

Company?

Hardly.

More like a death wish. The devil's spawn.

Sitting upright, Samantha pushed the duvet of her body. Resting her uninjured foot on the ground. She stood on it and slowly ease her other foot off the bed. She was determined to make it to the window. That bird won't know what hit it. With determined hops, she made it to the window, pushed it open.

The night breeze was like a gentle slap to her face. Pushing her head outside. She scan the moonlight surroundings carefully. Her eyes squinted at the annoying feathered creature sitting on a limb branch of the oak tree she loathed ever since moving in with Larry. The position of the tree was so wrong. It's branches had kept brushing against her window, iritating her. Larry had, had it trimmed. Now it was a chill spot for pestering birds.

"Samantha? What are you doing? " startled by Larry's intrusion. Samantha head hitted against the window as she pulled it back inside.

"Larry I didn't hear you come in" she pouted, rubbing her head.

"How could you with your head's stuck out the window. Come and eat. I brought dinner." Larry rested the tray on the desk before him.

Is it poison?

" I don't need food Larry" Her hands folded. "I need a doctor."

"You don't need a doctor Sam" he approached her. " I told you there would be no doctor. " He scooped her up in his arms. Samantha flinched at his touch. " I'll be your doctor"

Samantha felt hopeless. She had been counting on the doctor's arrival. To give him the letter to delivered to Joshua. To think she had gone through eight letters, wasted ink not to mention her energy and brain work to compose a letter that would not be delivered! ! She wouldn't take no for answer!

Samantha turned scarlet. She glare at Larry who deposit her on the bed like a fragile glass. You don't fool me Larry." LARRY I need a doctor! You don't know how much I need a bloody doctor! "

"What's this?" Larry asked picking up the letter from her bed. Samantha let out a horrific gasp. She felt her heart stop that very moment. She tried to yank the letter from his hand but he held it out of her reach.

"It's a suicide note" she blurred out. Her mind was saying shut the hell up Sam. But this might just work out in her favors. If she played her cards right." I wanted you to read it when I....she trailed off " it wouldn't be fair if you read it and I'm not..." Larry forehead creased as he watched her face full of fear. She was hiding something.