Chapter 28

Halley was awaken by a queasy feeling throughout her body. The urge to empty her stomach had not felt this strong before. She stumbled out of bed, carrying with her the sheet that was draped around her for cover as she rushed to the wash basin. She knew she shouldn't have eaten that pheasant. It made her stomach churned with disgust. She splashed water on her face, fully waking her from her trance of uncomfort. Halley breathed a sigh of relief seeing her husband sound asleep undisturbed by her absence. If he found out that she was feeling sick. She would never be allowed to go work with him.

Drawn by the gentle breeze of the night, Halley pushed opened the window a bit more and looked down on the magnificent garden. Dawn would break soon, she could tell by the faded darkness. The stars were slowly vanishing so did the moon. Halley close her eyes inhaling and exhaling deeply as she let the breeze caress her face. She felt like she was flying. She felt alive.

Not being able to sleep due to the fact that she had empty her stomach several times after.Halley got dressed in her morning ware. After she placed a chair beside the window and sat watching as the night slowly turned to morning.

Sunlight clouded the room. Halley rose to her feet and made her way back to bed. Her head rested on Joshua's broad shoulder as she snuggled closer to him. It was only then that she felt like to sleep.

"Morning sweetheart" Joshua Sat beside his sleeping wife. Earning no reply, not even a flinched. He peck her on the lips.

Halley eyes slowly fan opened. " time for work, that's if you still want to go."

"Of course I still want to go" she sleepy sat upright. " You're not trying to get rid of me ..are you?" She raised an eyebrow at him.

" perhaps" Joshua chuckled as he dogged the pillow that was thrown at him.

" You're insufferable" rising to her feet, she began to smooth out the wrinkles of her gown. " Since I'm already dressed I'll meet you downstairs."

" You think you're so smart don't you?" Halley head jerk up to see Joshua with a know it all look on his face. " I heard you moving around in the wee hours of the morning." Halley mouth gape opened and shut. " I was to tired from last night to get up to see what you were up to." He slipped into his shirt.

" I was to excited to sleep" she cleared her throat as she spoke the lie. " I'm going to prepare a basket of food for us to eat throughout the day."

Halley rolled her eyes at her husband who had not heard a word she said, for he was to busy admiring himself in the mirror as he brushed his hair. " Did you something.." Joshua turned to see his wife's gown disappearing behind the door. Shrugging his shoulders he went back at his task.

***
"Joshua could you believe I have never went into town since my arrival! " Halley shouted with excitement, looking out the carriage's window.

"We shall make an arrangement with Jennifer to accompany you." Joshua smile watching her eyes widen astonishment.

"You would?"

"Come here" he pulled her on top him. " Anything that would keep that beautiful smile on your face, I'll do it" Halley smile as she wrapped her hands around him.

"Thank you" she sigh." I was being to think you wouldn't ever let me leave the manor."

Joshua chuckled, his face nuzzled at her neck. He sigh peaceful as he inhale her scent of lavender and jasmin. She felt so wonderful in his arms. Made just for him. Her steady breathing made him realized that she was so comfortable near him that she fell asleep. He should have expected this, when she woke so early. Eager to travel with him.