Chapter nine

Halley found herself leaning against her bedchamber door. Touching her head lightly, that hurt like hell. She stood to her feet and stumble a bit as she walked to her bed. Her entire body ache form the position she slept in last night.

The thought of last night cause her to grit her teeth. How dare he lock her in. On her wedding night! " I hate that man!" She scream storming off back to the door.

"Let me out of here!" She bang on the door, altering the entire household.

Joshua groan at the loud noise coming from the room next to his. who's causing such a fuss at this hour? He thought with a frowned. The screaming got louder and then he realized it was his wife.

" Sir Lady Fisher is causing a rattle." The Butler said entering his bedchamber.

" Regin,please tell me last night was a nightmare and I wasn't married." He sigh aloud raning his hand through his hair.

"If I did Master Joshua, I would be lying"

Joshua quickly climb out of bed throwing a robe over his body he went outside just in time to caught his wife lady's maid about to unlock the door.

" Did I give you permission to open that!" The maid eyes widen frightful as she step away from the door.

"I'm sorry my lord" she curtsey.

"My dare wife have you learn to behave properly?" He asked, talking through the door.

"Go to hell!" Was his reply.

"I'll love to stay and chat but I have business attend." He said mockingly.

"Open the door when its time for luncheon." He told the maid before disappearing to get dressed for the day.

Halley sat against the door,waiting patiently for it to open. She was very famished and her tummy kept making noises in the quiet isolated room. The noise of the door unlocking got her scrambling to her feet.

Greeted by her lady's maid Halley was bathe,clothed and most importantly fed to her satisfaction. She couldn't thought of the last time she had eaten that much since there father had financial problems she and Timothy had to eat less.Timothy. Halley thought of what her brother might be doing this very instant. She sigh as she stare out the window. He wasn't to enthusiastic about her leaving so abruptly and Halley thought she saw a tear slid down his cheek that day. She love her brother with his cute curly blond hair and witty personality. She made a mental note to write to them later.

" My lady countess Jennifer Cummings to see you." Halley turn to see the Butler with a sad expression.

" I'll be there shortly. "

"Oh Halley I heard what he did to you. Are you alright? " Jennifer said standing as soon as Halley entered the drawing room.

Halley smile as she watched Jennifer in her peach gown and her hair in a bun." I am fine Jennifer. My husband isn't what I expected and he sure won't get away with what he did to me last night. " Halley vowed as she sat on the sette.

"I agree no man should treat their wife like that. Especially on there wedding night!" Lady Jennifer frowned.

" I have a favour to ask." Halley said with a sly smile looking deeply into Jennifer's sky blue eyes." How would you like to help me get back at my husband? I know it may seems childish an---"

"I'll do it. It would be so much fun" Lady Jennifer beamed with delight causing Halley to smile brightly.

****

Vote

Comment

Love mwah