Chapter 22

"How was your day today sweetheart?" Larry glance briefly at Samantha before he continue eating his dinner.  

Samantha's fingers release the fork she had been playing idly with for the past few minutes. Food was the last thing on her mind at the moment. " How was my day! Are you serious!" She leaned back in the chair glaring at her fiancé. They should be in Paris right now. Happily Married and enjoying life. Instead she was in England going insane in a huge isolated house.

" I'm a prisoner in this place!" her eyes scan the entire room in much distaste. " Ever since you change our travel arrangements!"

" Now Darling I already told you that I'm on  a very important mission. When it's all over we can marry as planned " he reached for the glass of wine and place it to his mouth savouring its taste.

" Larry, whatever trouble you're in i'm not going to go into hiding with you! This is your mess!" The chair drag behind her as she stood to her feet.

" Sit down Samantha!" Larry shouted.

Samantha snorted in an unladylike fashion. " I am not married to you Larry therefore I am not obliged to listen to anything you say. " She sneered. Her eyes met his challengingly.

Larry raised to his feet and walked quickly to his wayward fiancée. " Listen to me you loose tongue woman." his hand grip her blond curls tightly, forcing her to look at him. Samantha tried her best to suppress the sob from leaving her mouth. " If I ever find out you left this house " he began trailing kisses up her neck. Samantha flinched at the touch, that she once welcome. " I'll personally snap this pretty little neck of yours. Do not disobey me Sam. You'll be my wife soon and I hate a disobedient woman. "

"Now sit," Samantha almost fell on the ground by the force he pushed her on the chair. "  and eat your dinner!" Larry had much more important things to study than his insolent fiancée. Who believe she can speak to him as she pleased.

Samantha sob uncontrollably as soon as he left the dining room.  She tossed the plate of food across the room and watched it shattered into pieces. Just like her relationship with Larry. All hope of marriage and going to Paris left with him, when he threatened to kill her.  She knew she couldn't stay any longer.

*****

Joshua sat at the far corner in the Pigs and Tail it was half past ten and Samantha hasn't showed as yet. Where are you Samantha? He thought tapping his fingers against the wooden table. The pub was getting crowded quickly and made it hard for him to see who was entering through the door. He heaved a deep sigh as he lean back in his chair.

"Joshua I am sorry I'm late. " Samantha whispered as she took a seat. She was dressed in her long black cloak from this morning with a bundle in her hand.

"It's alright. Are you traveling?"  Joshua asked leaning towards her.

"Yes I am my husband threatened to kill me if he found I have been disobeying him and leaving the house. I am not about to stick around until he does. " She said sternly,staring at Joshua's worried state.

"What's going on Samantha?"

"I don't know much but it all started when we were about to board the Majestic, to travel to Paris. A stranger came up to Larry and started speaking to him in French. No one knew I spoke French since it was my little secret. " she wink at Joshua who smile at the sly Lady before him. "they were talking about a lady. A princess. She's in England and he wanted Larry's help to capture her. He already send a message to the others in France. That's all I heard before he pull Larry away from me. " Samantha giggled. "Silly me was staring at them and that French guy was smart he suspected I knew his language. "

Joshua pinch the bridge of his nose as he inhaled deeply. This had to be the same French guy that almost beat Lord Bark to death. He seems to know when to disappear and reappear. How did Larry knew this guy?  

"What did he looked like?"

"Tall,very handsome with a mole on his left cheek,slightly blond,dark blue eyes,crooked nose ,square jaws and lips that I was dying to kiss. " Joshua was staring at Samantha with a wrinkled nose, by the time she was finished ranting.

" OK to much information. " she giggled with a blush he couldn't see due to the cloak. " A lady can still look. "

"That's some very helpful information you  provided me Samantha...... Now I only request one thing of you. " Joshua said reaching her cold hands across the table.

" I need you to go back home and keep an eye on your husband and this guy for me. " Joshua knew he was taking a risk but he had a plan to uncover this mystery and Samantha is just what he needed.

Sam quickly withdrew her hands from his and stared at him like he had ten heads  "That is a suicide mission! I'm not a soldier or an agent! Your sending me to my dead! Oh lord I haven't even married and met my two children Jamie and Ma-"

"Samantha nothing would happen to you. I promise. This is for the future of England " Joshua interposed.

Sam groan in an unladylike fashion. "Future of country! last person played hero died! "

"Stop thinking so negatively. I know you could do this Sam. You always wanted to be an actress. " Joshua smirked.

Might be my first and last attempt. Sam thought with a frowned. She folded her arms and kept staring at the ground. How did her life change so rapidly. One minute she was planning a wedding in her head. Then next thing she knew she was being asked to spy on her now ex fiancé.

" If you agree, I'll explain in details what's going on and what you have to do. " Seeing Samantha in deep thought he pressed on. "Please Samantha nothing would happen to you. "

Samantha turned and stared at him as she bit her lips a gesture she does when she was nervous and indecisive about something. She still love Larry and maybe, just maybe when all these events passed he would return to the person she fell in love with.  Also she didn't know if he would send someone after her when he discovered she ran away. Either way she was dead. So why not died trying to be a hero than a Coward?

"I'll help." she mumbled causing a smile to appear on Joshua's face. "Start talking I have an hour and a half before my killer Larry returns. "

Joshua rolled his eyes as he started to explain what was happening and how serious it was. The time he had finish Samantha was totally convince and was more enthusiastic to help than before. She had quickly left the pub to make it back home in time before her acting skills were cut short.

Joshua followed soon after. If Halley wakes and finds him missing. She would start thinking the worst and Joshua would rather a happy wife than an angry one.

*******
Happy Valentine day my lovely readers!!! Sorry for the late update I was to lazy to write anything .....Hope you all like the chapter :) Mwah

Don't forget to vote and comment :)