Chapter 1:In trouble

I'm startled out of a deep slumber by my mother calling my name downstairs. I attempted to ignore her despite her yelling until I heard her walking directly into my room.

"Wake up, Sophia; you will be late for school AGAIN!"

I quite detest school. I regularly skip most of my lessons because of this. Don't get me wrong, I consistently receive A grades, but I'm not the kind of girl that attends class.

"This is your final warning, Sophia. Get up!"

"Okay, I'm up, jeez."

I've never gotten on well with my mother.

I am the one who doesn't fit in with my own family, always getting myself into all sorts of troubles.

After a little while, I got out of bed, hurriedly showered, and put on the clothing I had chosen the day before. As I get downstairs, I see my sister sitting there dressed in a rainbow of vibrant hues. Given that we look alike, this was a simple way to distinguish the difference between us.

"Nice of you to join us, Sophia."

"Oh, sure, isn't it great, mother."

"Apologize to mom Sophia!"

"Shut-up. You giant excuse for human squash."

"Sophia, apologise to mom."

It's simple not paying attention to what my brother Blake said.

Taking a big breath, I respond with a big, "NO!"

I grabbed an apple making my way outside, heading to my car to wait for Adriana. Although I'm not 16 yet, I do drive myself to school.

Within five minutes or so, we made it to school, and as usual, we were late. My sister went hurdling towards the front door for her first class, but I chose to take my time as I always did. As usual, Ms. Roberts was waiting for me. With her around, I constantly get into trouble.

"As usual, your late Sophia."

"And as is customary around here, you continue to wait for your social life to develop."

"To the principal's office, right NOW!"

"Oh, old hag, I'd love to."

As I made my way to the principal's office, her mouth was still dangling on the floor.

I turned around and gave her a menacing grin before entering.

When I entered the principal's office, he immediately lowered his head when he noticed it was me.

"What did you do this time, Sophia?"

"Not a single thing, sir Capitan sir. All I wanted to do is come by to see you as usual."

"Sophia, quit being so sarcastic. What have you done to who this time?"

"Let's just say that Ms. Roberts is being bothersome once more."

"She is merely carrying out her duties. You are only making life more difficult for everyone. Why can't you be more like Adriana? Sophia, even though you consistently earn consecutive straight A's, you seem to think that all of this is a joke. Why do you always spoil people's days and never attend class?"

"That's for you to find out and for me to know," she said.

With that said, he just started talking again as I was about to get up and head to the door.

"Sophia, you'll be in detention for two months, and if you don't show up again, I'll come get you from your home," Said the principle.

"Yes, I shall welcome you with open arms when you arrive." See, I've never really been this way before. Ever since our fathers passing, everything changed. Regrettably my sister and I experienced his death in a different type of way that has left her mute and me broken.