Chapter 13:Why us?

I've been staring out my window for 6 hours now. Blake hasn't returned yet, and I had this strange feeling in my stomach that something was wrong. 

"Hey Sophia, you know nothing will happen, he'll be fine," my sister signed.

"How do you know if the king hasn't already gotten to him and I wouldn't know? I can't stay here knowing those things. Adriana I love him, but not just as a brother; I need him to hold me and care for me; he is my mate... I'm not sure what to do."

I was in tears at the end because I had lied to myself about how much I loved him even though he was my brother.

My sister approached me and wrapped her arms around me, rubbing my back trying to tell me that everything would be fine... I just cried harder and harder until I smelt his scent, but not only that but also... blood.

I wiggled my way out of Adriana's grasp and looked over her shoulder, I looked at the door frame and there was my brother covered in blood, his blood. 

He fell to his knees and I quickly made my way towards him wrapping my arms around his body and holding him close, never in my life have I been so happy.

"Who did this to you, Blake?"

My voice began to crack, and not long after, I cried again, this time with more rage and sadness because they dared to hurt my mate!!

"Sophia, the king knows, he's coming for us in three weeks." "How did he find out?"

"I'm not sure 6 of his men were here to get us, but I barely got away... Sophia, we need to figure this out right away!"

As he looked into my eyes, I saw love but also anger and heartbreak, our lives are about to change, we can either run for our lives or stand up for it, and now is the time to act for all we know the king may have a heart, he can't just kill us for power, that's insane!!

"Okay... okay, let's make a plan before we do anything rash." "Okay, and until then, get your ass back in my bed, you look like shit!"

"Only if you come to sleep with me?"

"Of course, let's go."

"Goodnight, Sophia," says Blake.

And then the darkness began to close in on me. I considered my life and how it would change with me in my brother's arms.