Chapter 16:Why is this so hard?

I awoke with a big smile on my face, feeling content and happy.

I remembered everything from the night before, and to be honest, I don't regret it one bit!

"Good morning, beautiful."

"How cheesy, mister alpha."

"Hey, don't deny the truth."

"What will happen when the king finds out... I'm scared, Blake."

"Thank you, Blake."

"For what?"

"I wouldn't want to have anyone else for everything you've done for me, even after our father died, and for being my mate."

I know it's cheesy, but it's the truth: he gave me hope to love again and to be happy, and with that said, I kissed him again, and then reality hit. I was naked on the forest floor... NAKED!!

And with my brother... well, I know I got down and dirty with him, but I still have some respect for myself, jeez!

"Ummmmmm Blake we're naked," I said as I stepped back.

"I know," he said in a deep and husky voice, his wolf taking over and pure lust was written all over his face. 

Without thinking, I got out of his grip, shifted into my wolf, and started running. I could hear a pair of paws behind me and close in fast... Blake... now I'm in deep shit!!

'Why are you fleeing from our mate?'

'Shush it, I was naked you know! I still have a little dignity for myself!'

My wolf fell silent after that; I knew she was furious at me, but I couldn't let her force me to turn back; I don't want him to see me in the daylight; I have my reasons for this, and she is well aware of them.

When I arrived at the house, I noticed a car I didn't recognize and a scent that smelled like power; not long after my mother came outside and announced that the king and queen were present, my heart nearly stopped beating on the spot.

My mate was at my side in 3 seconds and he was enraged as the king and queen walked out, he looked at me and quickly stood in front of me, letting out a menacing growl, the king just looked at him with a smirk on his face and said, "Shift."

We went behind the trees and quickly changed and put on our clothes, we stepped out, and the king told us to enter the house, which we did... something bad was about to happen.