Chapter 26:Time for me to go

SOPHIA'S POV

I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, or so I've been told. They've been moving me around a lot, and I'm in too much pain to do anything right now. I've stopped counting the days I've been trapped here, and all I want to do is get out, even if it means death.

I raised my head to see the king enter with a few people and a bed; they were moving me again, but this time it felt very different.

Was I finally going home? I could feel the sun on my face again, hear the birds sing, and watch the clouds roll by...

I think I fell asleep because I was yanked out of the car by my hair and slammed to the floor. When I looked up, I saw the car drive away.

As I was scanning my surroundings, I noticed this location. I was probably three hours away from home...

I was finally leaving.

BLAKES POV

"Dada," my daughter Lana, is growing quickly, as one would expect from an alpha. She is now about 18 months old, a full year and a half after Sophia went missing, and I've searched high and low but still haven't found her...

One of my most trusted trackers stormed into the room, gasping for air. After a brief moment, he looked me in the eyes and said, 'We found her.'

I couldn't make out what he was saying; did he just say they found her?

I handed Lana over to my mother and ran after the tracker. He led me to a room where I could see something breathing but it was shallow, too shallow. I walked towards the bed, looking down... it was... it was Sophia.

Her breathing was slowing and she was struggling to breathe; the doctors, as far as I could tell, were doing everything they could; and I was just standing there, helpless.

I could feel her anguish.

With each breath she takes, I feel my heart rip apart.

"Sophia, I love you."

She can't abandon me again.

We now have a daughter and a family.

I held her hand for what seemed like hours until I heard her take one last breath and then she was... gone.

I started crying, and I didn't care that I was the alpha at the time because I had just lost the most precious thing in my life, the one I had been looking for, the one who completed my soul.And then it hit me: I need to be strong for my daughter, for my pack, and for her death to be avenged.

The only problem was that I still needed to find that cowered of a so-called king who was the reason my mate had died and who will pay for his life that caused all of this pain, sorrow, and the loss of a daughter, a mate, and a mother.

He'll pay!

----------------

It's been a week since Sophia's death, and it was almost as if our daughter knew what was going on because she sat in the corner, almost as if she was talking to herself, and I just left it there because I didn't want to look at Lana... she reminded me so much of her mother that it kept hurting me.I had been looking for the perfect place to bury Sophia and finally found it, it was in the middle of the forest in a clearing with lilies and wildflowers everywhere, the perfect place fit for a queen.