Chapter 14:Life as we know it

It's been two weeks since Blake was beaten, and we've been trying to keep ourselves a secret, but time is running out. The king will be here in one week with his mate, his sister. I never thought my life would turn out this way, I always thought I'd be living a normal life, with a normal mate, but nooooo the fates had to give me the complicated life...why me?

"Are you okay, Sophia?"

"Yeah...I'm fine, just thinking a little Blake, can I ask you a question?"

"Of course, shoot."

He wrapped his arms around my waist, waiting for me to continue... let me tell you this these last two weeks we became closer than ever and yes we made out it was amazing... don't judge I can't help it... we haven't mated yet we have to tell our parents first and that would be tonight.

 "What do you think the king will do to us?"

"To tell you the truth, I have no idea; we'll just have to wait and see; only time will tell."

We stood there in each other's arms until the sun had finally set, and it was time to tell my mom o what joy... yes, that was a sarcastic remark haha.

She was at work until 6 p.m., and at 5:58 p.m., my heart was racing so fast and loudly that I believe even a human could hear it.

Blake looked me in the eyes and smiled reassuringly, but I knew he was also afraid of what was going to happen. We don't know how our mothers will react.

The front door opened, and for a brief moment, I thought my heart would stop beating. My brother stood up and walked towards her, saying, "Mom, we need to talk to you."

"All right, my boy, what do you want to discuss with me?"

When we walked into the living room, she had a shocked expression on her face, and I knew she was going to flip and take the roof with her. I believe that's the saying.

"Sophia, What did you do this time...? Blake, please assure me that you did not do anything stupid."

Yes, my mother always thinks I did something wrong when I sit on the couch with my brother.

Let's just say it's not my first time on this couch, but for a different reason... let's just say I may have accidentally (not really) set a teacher's class on fire with him in it.

Yes, I set a class on fire with a teacher inside. I thought it was hilarious, but others... my mom... didn't think it was funny. 

"Mom, I didn't do anything this time, it's actually about me and Blake."

"Well, um, mom Sophia... my sister... your daughter... okay, this is much more difficult than I anticipated."

"O sweet noodles and rise, is she your mate?"

Wow, she did it all on her own. I'm completely dumbfounded. 

"Yeah, mom, we're mates, and the king wants to kill us because we're siblings-"

"I know, Sophia, I know... I think it's time I told you the truth for the sake of you and your sister."

"You scaring me, Mom."

"I know, but please go get your sister because I have a lot to explain right now."