8

( BLAST FROM THE PAST )

WHITEFISH MT
GAS & SIP STORE
[ ☼ ]

       "How you doing? Uh, was there a, uh, big guy in here yesterday?" Dean asks.

       "That's specific." The Clerk asks.

       "Uh, I mean big. Like about yea high?" Dean says.

       "Yeah, maybe. Uh, brown hair?"

       "Yes! Yes. That's him." Elena says. "Do you, uh – you remember what he bought?"

      "Snacks, maybe?" The Clerk asks.

       "How about a paper? Do you have yesterday's paper?" Dean asks.

       "Yeah, right there."

       "Oh." Dean picks up the newspaper and sees the ice pick killer headline. "Do you mind?" He and Elena walk out with the newspaper.

CORONER'S ROOM
[ ☼ ]

        "We don't get too many murders out this way... much less a serial." The Coroner says.

       "So what'd you find?" Sam asks,

        "It's what we didn't find. Let me show you. Big chunk of mid-brain went missing."

       "Mid-brain, like pituitary gland?" Asks Sam.

       "Actually, their pituitaries were clear gone. How'd you know that?" He asks.

FLASHBACK

LIBRARY
[ ☼ ]

       Young Sam is sitting at a table with a book, talking on the phone. "Yeah, so, they need a steady diet of human pituitary glands to survive." He says.

END FLASHBACK

CORONER'S ROOM
[ ☼ ]

       "Educated guess." Says Sam.

SAM'S MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

       Sam is hanging his research on the wall and marking locations on a map.

FLASHBACK

LIBRARY
[ ☼ ]

      "Hang on. Slow down." Young Sam is sitting at a desk, marking locations on a map. "Right. So, the victims are located in parks just off the highway. Just one per town. That's something. What? I – I'm just tired. I've been looking at this for like eight years. Wait. Hang on. I'll call you right back." Young Sam hangs up and draws a line on his map between the Xs.

END FLASHBACK

SAM'S MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

        Sam draws a line on his map between the Xs and circles another location.

DESERTED STREET
[ ☾]

       Sam parks the Impala and sits in it waiting.

FLASHBACK