46

( GOODMORNING, VIETNAM! )

LIBRARY
[ ☾]

       Marjorie is sitting at her desk and the man in the black jacket is leaning over to kiss her. Sam watches from his seat at a table nearby. Hallucifer leans against a bookshelf behind him. "I'm pretty sure this guy's the boring sort of chubby chaser." He says. Sam dials a number on his phone.

      "Leave your name, number and nightmare at the tone."

      "Dean, where are you? I'm scoping zero out here." Sam hangs up.

       "Not a good sign." Hallucifer says as Sam reads autopsy reports. "Hmm. Surprised you haven't picked up on that yet. It's right... there in the coroner's report." He sits down opposite Sam. We see a close-up of drug test results. "Yeah. Uh-huh. In this latest round of killings, our big girls had traces of heavy tranquilizers in their blood. Yeah? But our demon's strong enough to make fat Betty do whatever he wants to, right? So, why does he need the tranqs? Think he's got a bad back? Yeah, whatever is going on here, you know that demon's not coming back to kill anybody." Sam dials a number on his phone.

      "This is Special Agent Smith. Please leave your name, number and a detailed—"

      Sam hangs up. "Oh, no. That's every cellphone Dean's got. One of them should've picked up, right? Big brother's probably dead." Hallucifer says.

      "Shut up." Sam grabs the reports and leaves.

      "He said "shut up" to me."

JEFFREY'S APARTMENT
[ ☾]

        Sam picks the lock and enters, with Hallucifer behind him. "That's what I'm talking about, Sam – real interaction again. I miss that. The rapier wit, the wittier rape. Come on. I'll be good." Hallucifer says. Sam looks under Jeffrey's mattress. "I'll even help you solve your little Nancy Drew mystery or whatever."

       Sam looks through the things on Jeffrey's desk. "No note." Hallucifer says as Sam unlocks the top drawer of Jeffrey's desk and discovers a cell phone signal scrambler. "Hmm, a cell phone scrambler. But, Luci, those are illegal. Think, Sam. Maybe this has something to do with Dean's telephone blackout."

       Sam looks in the other desk drawers, then in the dresser drawers. He taps the bottom of the top dresser drawer, takes out the drawer and turns it over, and discovers a metal box strapped underneath it. He opens the box and takes out several pieces of paper.

       "Hmm. Latin – not suspicious at all." Hallucifer says.

       "I've never seen this spell before."

ALLEYWAY
[ ☾]

       Sam is walking and reading the papers he took from Jeffrey's apartment. Hallucifer is beside him. "No. But you've seen this type." He says.

       "A demon summoning – why?" Sam asks.

       "Why? To summon a demon, jackass. Start looking at who." Hallucifer says.

       "Okay, what do you mean?" Asks Sam.

       "Look at the page." Hallucifer and Sam speak simultaneously:

       "You know this handwriting."

       "I know this handwriting."

WICCAN'S WEB STORE
[ ☾]