32

( ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING )

DINER
[ ☾]

       A Man is sitting at a table, watching a suggestively-dressed Woman talking to a man outside. A waitress, Marlene, tops up his coffee. "Thank you." He says.

       "Sure. You've been here a couple nights in a row now." Marlene says.

       "What can I say? I like the ambience."

       "Get you anything else?" Asks Marlene.

        The Man sees the Woman outside lead the man away with her arms hooked around one of his. "No, thanks." The Man takes money from his pocket and we see that he is carrying a knife.

       "Thanks. Keep safe out there."

       The Woman and the man she is with walk between trucks parked outside the diner. The Man with the knife follows them, knife drawn. As he walks slowly between the trucks, Marlene appears behind him.

       "Hey, there. You lost?" Marlene asks.

       "What?" The Man's vision is blurry. "Excuse me..."

       "Ooh-hoo. You're looking a little Cabo Wabo, there." She says.

       "No. No, I'm fine."

       "No. You're not. I slipped a little special sauce into your coffee while you were watching the skirt. You do know we're venomous, right?" Marlene's pupils become almost vertical. "Looks like I didn't dose you quite hard enough. That's okay. There's more where that came from." She smiles, revealing pointed, snake-like teeth. She throws the Man against a truck. He falls to the ground, dropping the knife. "That's for the crappy tip."

SUPERNATURAL

WEEK ONE

RUFUS'S CABIN
[ ☼ ]

       Sam, Elena and Dean are sitting silently in dim light in Rufus' cabin, Sam and Elena in a chair and Dean on the couch. They both have their hands in their laps and Sam is clenching his hands together. Sam looks over at Dean, then away. When Sam is no longer looking directly at him, Dean looks at Sam, then away.

WEEK TWO

       Sam takes an address book out of a drawer and opens it. Dean has added a list below the number: Zip Code Sec [?] Lock V-Mail Password Bank # Each item is crossed out.

WEEK THREE

       Dean pins an article titled "Biggerson's Recalls Contaminated Meat: Customers Report Illness After Eating Turducken Slammers" to a board holding their research. Also on the board are several articles about Dick Roman. Sam puts two duffel bags on a table and takes a beer out of the refrigerator.

       "Dean, you know, um... I wonder if – if we... I mean, should we be telling people? I mean, people he knew." Sam says.

      "How long ago did I give Frank these numbers? It's been a few weeks, right?" Dean asks. "What, is he nuts, or is he just being rude?"

       "Probably both." Elena says.

       "Dean, I-I got to ask you a question." Sam says.

        "Unless, of course, something happened to him. He can't get to the phone because a Leviathan ate his face." Dean says.

       "Yeah, also a possibility." Says Sam.