67

( KIDNAPPED )

HOSPITAL
[ ☾]

       Castiel is looking out the window in his room. Dean, Elena and Sam walk down the hallway. "We raced all the way here, and now I don't know. I can't say I'm fired up to see what's left of the guy." Dean says.

       "You think he remembers at all?" Sam asks.

       "That, and I'm guessing whatever kind of hell baggage he lifted off of your plate. It's not gonna be pretty." Dean says.

       "Hey. Excuse me, but it's way past visiting hours." An Orderly says.

       "It's okay, Abel. I've been expecting them." Meg says. "Hello, boys. Elena." Meg leads Sam and Dean to Castiel's room. Castiel is still staring out the window.

       "Hey, Cas." Dean says and Castiel turns around.

       "Hello, Dean. Sam. Elena." Cas says.

       "Hey, Castiel." Sam says.

       "Look at you, walkin' and talkin'. That's – that's great, right?" Asks Dean.

       Castiel walks over to Dean and points a finger at him. "Pull my finger." He says.

      "What?" Dean asks.

       "My finger – pull it." Castiel says and Dean does so. There is a crash, the lights go out and window and light fixture shatter. Castiel laughs. Meg turns on a lamp.

      "Okay, just hang on, Cas. Wait. Let us catch up to you for a second." Elena says.

      "So, you're saying you remember who you are, what you are." Sam says.

       "Yes. Of course. Oh. Outside today, in the garden, I followed a honeybee." Cas says. "I saw the route of flowers. It's all right there, the whole plan. There's nothing to add."

       "You might want to add a little Thorazine." Sam says.

       "Right? He's been like the naked guy at the rave ever since he woke up. Totally useless." Meg says.

       "Will you look at her? My caretaker." Castiel says. "All of that thorny pain. So beautiful."

        "We've been over this. I don't like poetry. Put up or shut up." Meg says.

       "Okay. So, Cas, you said you woke up last night?" Asks Sam.

       "Yes. I heard a ping that pierced me, and, well, you wouldn't have heard it unless you were an angel at the time." Castiel says as Sam hands him a bag containing the stone tablet.

       "That's also when we opened this." Says Sam.

       "Oh. Of course. Now I understand."

       "Understand what?" Asks Sam.

       "You were the ones. Well... I guess that makes sense." Castiel says.

       "What makes sense?"

       "If someone was going to free the Word from the vault of the earth, it would end up being you three. Oh, I love you guys." Castiel pulls Dean, Elena and Sam into a hug.

       "Oh. Uck. Okay. All right. Okay." Dean says.

       Sam pats Castiel briefly on the back. "Yeah, yeah. You—you said something about "The Word." Is that what's written on there?" He says.