59

( THE ODDS )

       Annie walks over to the boys' bodies and tries to take the camera from Teen Boy 1, but Annie's hand passes right through it. She stands up and gasps: Victoria is standing right next to her. "Ah, Victoria. Grab the camera." Annie says.

      "No. I can't. We don't meddle in Whitman's affairs." Victoria says.

       "Hold it. Let's get real. You sent me the S.O.S., and now I'm here. So, give me a hand." Annie says.

      "But now he can get you, too."

       "Get me how? I'm already dead. Okay, you want to help me understand? Exactly what did he do to Dexter?" Asks Annie.

       "Punished him. He was trying to warn them. He tried to warn you, too. He drained him." Victoria says.

      "Drained? What does that mean?"

      "That's why he's so strong and why you should stay out of sight. We're merely food to him – food and perverse entertainment." She says.

      "So, when he does that, what happens? Just... poof?" Annie asks.

       "Forever."

       "See, I thought that Whitman was some poor guy, and Dexter killed his fiancée." Says Annie.

       "No. Whitman framed him. Whitman killed all of us. When this house was a brothel, I worked here as a fancy lady. He slit my throat." Victoria says.

       "'Fancy lady'? A hooker?"

       "Please." Victoria says. "And now, even in death, every soul he traps here makes him stronger."

       "Okay, so, where does he keep the bodies?" Annie asks.

      "I don't know."

      "Victoria, you've been here forever." Annie says.

       "You don't follow him around." Victoria says.

       "Listen, we are going to pull the plug on this bastard. Now grab the damn camera."

     "Oh, dear." Victoria takes the camera from Teen Boy 1's hand. "It's him!"

       Victoria and Annie hide as Van Ness drags the Teen boys' bodies away. He pulls a lever and a bookcase opens, revealing a hidden door. He drags the bodies into the concealed room.

       Dean, Elena and Sam are taking guns out of the trunk. "We combed the crap out of this place. If Annie's in there and we didn't find her..." Dean says.

       "It's 'cause something didn't want us to." Sam says.

       "Awesome. Well, let's walk right into that." Dean says. They go inside the house.

VAN NESS HOUSE
[ ☾]

       Dean and Sam look around using flashlights. Bobby is behind them. "All right, I'll check upstairs." Sam says.

      "Yeah." Dean says as Bobby takes the flask out of Dean's jacket pocket. "Annie?"

       "Sorry, boys. I'm leaving the pack." Says Bobby.

       "Annie! It's Dean! And Sam." Dean says.

       Sam is speaking in the distance. "Annie?" He calls.

       The camera falls to the ground at Dean's feet. "That's not odd." He picks up the camera. Bobby puts the flask in a drawer. "Sam, get back down here! Annie?" Sam comes down the stairs. Annie and Victoria are standing behind Dean. "Slimer?"