13

( SOMETHING NEW )

RUFUS'S CABIN
[ ☼ ]

Dean is sleeping soundly in one of the rooms. All of the sudden, he smells something that jolts him awake. He had to wake everyone up.

Stomping over to the other side of the room, Dean shoves Sam onto the floor. He wakes up instantly. "Dean!? What's your problem?"

"Something weird is happening." Dean says. "Wake up Bobby."

Sam obeys and storms to a desk that Bobby was sleeping on. "Bobby! Bobby, wake up." He says.

"Is there a fire?" Bobby asks.

Dean comes down the stairs. "You guys don't smell that?" He asks.

"Is that...bacon?" Bobby asks as they all make their way to the kitchen. Elena is standing there with an apron on and is seen pouring orange liquid into glasses.

"Good morning, guys." She says, smiling. "Have a seat."

Bobby, Dean and Sam just stare at each other confused. Finally, Bobby just shrugs and takes a seat. Dean and Sam follow.

Sam leans into Dean. "What do you think is wrong?" He asks.

"I don't know." Dean says. "Maybe it's that time of the month..."

Sam makes a disgusted face. "Dude, ew." He says. Elena walks over with a plate of food.

"Here's triple stacked pancakes with whipped cream and a side of extra bacon and eggs for you." Elena places the plate of food in front of Dean.

Dean bares and adorable smile. "Whatever it is, I don't want it to ever end." He says.

"Sam, I got you sunny side up eggs with turkey bacon and a healthy salad." She says and gives the plate to Sam.

"Thanks." Says Sam.

"And Bobby." Elena beams. "I made you scrambled eggs with sausage, bread and hominy." She hands Bobby the food and gives him a kiss on the cheek.

The guys scarf the food down their throats and moan in bliss. This was the best home cooked meal they've ever had.

"So what's the occasion?" Sam asks.

Elena turns away from the sink. "Why does there have to be an explanation. Why can't I just be happy?" She asks.

"Cause in our line of work, there's never happiness." Dean says and they all fall silent.

"It's my Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary." Elena says. "Every year when I was little, I use to make them breakfast in bed. Sometimes it ended with burnt pancakes, but I've gotten better at it."

Sam smiles sadly. "Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah." Elena says. "They were my parents and I will always love them, but I can't be sad forever. You guys are my life now."