40

( LIKE FATHER LIKE DAUGHTER )

HOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

        Dean is looking through boxes of books. "I know Bobby's got a Grecian encyclopedia of weird in here. I saw it last time I was looking through this stupid... Would it kill him to have a system?" He asks.

       Sam is at the table using the laptop and drinking a cup of coffee. "He has a system. His files are set up like his brain." He says as Dean takes his flask out of his back pocket and drinks from it.

       "You got anything?" Dean asks.

       "Uh, yeah." Sam presses a button and brings up a website titled "Greek Mythology – The Amazons" from a search engine. "There's this whole crazy side to Amazon lore that Professor Morrison didn't even mention."

       "That's 'cause he doesn't believe in it, which is a real handicap when you're trying to deal with it." Dean sits down on a bed and opens the book he's holding.

       "Right. Um, apparently, there was this long, bloody war." Sam says. "The Amazon population was decimated, so they made a bargain with Harmonia to replenish their ranks and make them stronger."

        "Well, I'd say throwing grown men through walls was stronger." Dean says.

       "Yeah. Well, basically, they became more than human. Harmonia turned them into monsters." Sam says.

       "Can you kill them like humans? Or is there some kind of trick?" Elena asks.

       "Uh, doesn't say. No idea. I guess it could go either way." Sam says.

       "Well, that's helpful. What else?"

       "The lore says they reproduced quickly – as in, after mating, they gave birth within 36 hours." Sam says and Dean stops turning the pages of the book and listens intently. "The babies grew incredibly fast, then the aging process became normal. Which is one way to make an army, I guess. The mating cycle is every two years. They send out all the women who have reached child-bearing age."

       "Which lines up, 'cause this happens every couple of years in different towns, right?" Dean asks.

       "Yeah. And we know for sure that at least some of the vics hooked up with strange women days before being killed Amazon style."

        Dean closes his book and puts it down. "Hooked up in the Same bar I met Lydia, right?" He asks.

       "Yeah." Sam says.

       "And then suddenly..." Dean gets up and walks towards Sam. "She's got a little baby in like fruit-fly time. That baby turns into a little girl just as fast."

       "Wow. So maybe you're – you're, uh..." Sam starts.

      "Don't say it." Dean says.

        "Look, if that kid's yours—" Sam starts.

       "I said don't say it!" Dean yells.

       "Fine. I won't. But, Dean... Dude, seriously, a one-night stand, you're just gonna... roll the dice? You don't even –" Sam starts.

        "Of course not... Sam. What, do you think I'm brain-dead? Accidents happen. If one even did, which I-I-I don't think..." Dean pauses and seems to be considering what happened. He gives a little smile. "No. You know what? We're – stop. We're not gonna talk about this anymore because my skin's starting to crawl!"