51

( THE BORN AGAIN IDENTITY )

SUPERNATURAL

HOSPITAL
[ ☼ ]

A Doctor is working at his desk. Dean and Elena opens the door and enters, followed by a Nurse. "Okay, sir? You can't just barge in here without an appointment!" A Nurse says.

"They said, "Talk to Kadinsky." You Kadinsky?" Dean asks.

"You need to be scheduled!"

"Well, then, schedule us! He was in a car crash. Why the hell can't we see him?" Elena asks.

"You're Sam Smith's brother. And you are...?" Kandinsky asks.

"The girlfriend." Elena says and Dean glances at her, then brushes it off.

"What's going on?" Dean asks.

Dr. Kadinsky turns to the Nurse. "It – it's fine. Thank you. Really." The Nurse leaves. "Sam was admitted. He was treated for a broken rib and lacerations."

"Okay. That's not too bad. And?" Dean asks.

"And... he's on our locked psychiatric floor."

Dean looks surprised. "I mean, he's had some trouble..." He says.

"So you're aware that Sam is experiencing a full-blown psychotic episode?" Kadinsky asks.

"Psychotic? Come on. I mean, the guy's... It's not like the guy's freakin' Norman Bates." Dean says.

"No, I'm sure he isn't. We need to determine whether his state was brought on by the insomnia or whether the insomnia is a symptom of his condition. Do you understand? So that we can figure out how to treat him."

"Well, all I can say is that the sleep thing is – is kind of new." Elena says.

"Right. Well... we've pumped him about as full of sedatives as we safely can. So far, he won't go under. I've never seen anything like it."

Dr. Kadinsky pushes a button to enter Ward D2. A sign on the wall and the door read "High Security Area". He, Elena and Dean walk down the hallway in the ward.

"You're his 'girlfriend'? You need to come up with better cover ups." Dean says.

"Hey, I did date both of you." Elena says. "And it hurts me to imagine what he's going through."

"The worse the behavior, the more you try to defend it." Says Dean.

"You keep trying to make this about us." Elena says.

"Yeah, cause you keep trying to make it about anything else." Dean says.

"You know what? Fine. But don't think you came here just for Sam." Elena says and they stop walking. "You wanna talk about last night? Talk."

"Here's the thing, Elena. I don't know what to say. Or do, or think. All I know, is that right now," Dean steps closer so that Elena's back hits the wall. "I wanna rip your clothes off right here in the middle of this hall. And throw you in one of these rooms and kiss every square inch of your body while a bunch of people that drive minivans listen...wishing they were us." Dean says breathlessly. "That's probably a bad idea, right?"

Elena swallows hard. "Right." She whispers.

"Right." Dean says in her face. "See ya around."