12

( GUILTY AS CHARGED )

      Osiris beckons and Jo takes a seat near his throne. "State your name for the court." He says.

      "Jo Harvelle."

       "And... what is your relationship to Dean Winchester?" Asks Osiris.

       "We worked together." Jo says.

       "Isn't it true that you admired him?"

       "Well, as a hunter... yeah. As a guy, he was kind of a jerk." Jo says and Dean looks somewhat hurt.

      "So you saw him as a mentor of sorts?" Osiris asks.

      "I wouldn't put it like that."

       "How would you put it?" He asks.

       "I don't know. I trusted him." Jo says. "So if you're trying to say that he was a bad guy or something—"

      "Was it hard?" Osiris asks.

      "What?"

       "Working with him... considering your feelings." He says.

      "No. What feelings?"

       "You would have done quite a bit for him – followed him into any battle." Says the god.

       "I know what you're getting at, and it's bull." Jo says.

       "So Dean had nothing to do with your first case, the one that started it all." Osiris says.

       "It wasn't like that." Says Jo.

       "No feelings. None at all. You would have chosen the same exact road. Ended up in that hardware store, holding the fuse."

      "Oh, you're a piece of work. You know that? Putting words in her mouth—" Dean starts.

       Osiris gestures towards Dean and Dean gulps. "Keep him under control, counsel... or I'll remove his tongue." He gestures again and Dean draws a deep breath. "Your witness."

      Sam gets up and stands in front of Jo. "Jo. So, um... your dad... was in the life?" He asks.

      "Yes, he was." Jo says.

       "And your relationship with him?" Sam asks.

      "Good. I mean..." Jo says.

      "You idolized him."

      "Basically." Says Jo.

      "So why'd you start? To impress some loudmouth ass you just met... Or 'cause you wanted to be like your dad?" Sam asks.

       "Daddy issues. Definitely. Listen, Dean, I don't—"

       Osiris flicks his hand and Jo's ghost disappears. "All right. You two can have a moment to strategize. And then I'll call my next witness." He says. Sam sits down next to Dean again.

       "All right. Who's the next witness? He looked at you like you'd know." Sam says.

       "I got no clue. This whole thing's like a friggin' episode of "Pee-Wee's Playhouse." Dean says.

       "Next witness! The prosecution calls..." Osiris starts and Elena sucks in a breath, preparing for the worst. "Sam Winchester to the stand." He gestures to the witness's chair. "Sam... Not exactly the life you expected, is it?"