37

( OBLIVION )

TAILOR'S SHOP
[ ☼ ]

A stake fashioned from a branch is lying on the table. The pointed end is red. "That's it?" Dean asks.

"That is a 1,000-year-old olive carved by vestal virgins and dipped in the blood of – you don't want to know." Ezra says. "Pulling this together wasn't easy. You and Ness both owe me, smoothie."

"You can have whatever you want..." Dean picks up the stake. "...soon as we gank this thing."

"Yeah, yeah. Take your twig, wise guy." Says Ezra.

"Well, now, how's it work?" Dean asks.

Ezra walks over to Dean and indicates the pointed end of the stake. "You stick this end in his heart. Miss, he has you for supper. Make sense?" She asks.

"Wait, if I – if I kill Chronos... I'm stuck here." Dean says.

"You just now realized? Oh, come on. 1944 ain't so bad." Ezra says.

"Yeah, I could head over to Europe, punch Hitler in the neck." Dean says.

"Oh, there's lots of ways to pass the time, sugar." Ezra puts her hands on Dean's lapels and draws him in for a kiss. "That's for luck." She smooths her thumb over Dean's lips. "Cause I'm lucky." Elena looks away.

"Thanks." Dean turns away and wipes his lips. He sees three addressed envelopes, picks them up and smiles. "Back to the Future III." Dean turns back to Ezra. "I need to borrow some paper."

LILA'S HOUSE
[ ☾]

Eliot is behind a car parked in front of Lila's house. "Mr. Ness, I presume?" Chronos grabs onto the rifle Eliot is holding and shoves it in his face. "You know, I stopped by the police station to take care of that hunter who rode me here. I heard you took him out of jail. I thought I might see you again."

Eliot headbutts Chronos. They struggle and he takes the rifle. Eliot punches Chronos in the face twice. He punches Eliot twice. The second punch sends Eliot crashing through the door of a shed, where he lies unmoving.

"Ethan?" Lila comes out of the house and stands on the porch. She is holding a bag. "There you are. Can't take the trash out without the trash, silly."

"Sorry, honey. I don't know where I left my head. Be right there." Chronos says as Lila sets the trash down on the porch and goes back inside. He turns back to the shed. Eliot is no longer there.

Someone is adjusting a grandfather clock. As the camera pans out, we see that it is Lila.

LILA'S HOUSE
[ ☾]

"Sweetie, I want you to pack a bag." Chronos says.

"Excuse me?" Lila asks.

"Well, you're always asking me where I go. Come with me tonight." Chronos says.

"Is...is everything okay? "

"Yeah, everything's perfect. You're perfect. I just need you to pack a bag and I'll explain why on the way, okay?" He says.

"But the diner—" Lila starts.

Chronos raises his voice. "Forget about them!" He then speaks in a more normal tone. "We'll call them tomorrow, okay? Just go. Pack."