15

( HEXING )

DON STARK'S HOUSE
[ ☼ ]

        "If the bureau's involved, I assume you think all three were murdered." DI'm says.

       "It's looking that way, yes." Says Dean.

       "Now, Mr. Stark, you had a relationship with all three victims, correct?" Sam asks.

        "Oh, I knew them in business circles, I guess, sure."

       "And you were all involved in a, uh, a-a shopping-center project." Dean says. "Why'd that fall through?"

       "Uh, t-these things happen." Don says as a blonde young woman appears and knocks on the doorway. "Oh. Jenny. These gentlemen and lady are from the FBI. Jenny Klein, my assistant."

       "Hi, there. Okay, Don, I'm off to the cleaner's, and then I'm gonna stop at Beaman, Beaman, and Beaman for the revised contracts." Jenny says.

       "Hurry on back. You know how things fall apart without you."

       Jenny laughs. "Oh, I baked you some cupcakes—coconut." She says.

       "Coconut—you're too good to me, Jenny." Don says.

       "I'll see you soon." Jenny leaves. Sam, Elena and Dean are staring at Don.

        "She bakes cupcakes." Don says.

        "Yummy." Says Dean.

        "You know, could you point me to the restroom?" Sam asks. "I had a little bit too much java."

        "Yeah, around the corner, down the hall."

       "Thanks." Sam leaves the room.

        "So, uh, usually in cases like these—" Dean starts and Sam runs up a staircase.

        "Are there cases like these?" Don asks.

       "Oh, you'd be surprised. Uh, we start out with the basics." Dean says.

        "You have any business rivals?" Elena asks.

        "Sure, tons. You know, real estate's brutal."

        "Well, that was easy." Says Dean.

        "On the other hand, I've demonstrated my love for this town, and I think it's safe to say I'm respected for what I've done here." Don says.

         Sam enters a bedroom and then the walk-in closet. He discovers a high-heeled shoe with a broken heel, a necklace with a five-pointed star pendant, and a box containing witchcraft materials and papers with strange symbols.

        Don, Elena and Dean are looking at a framed award which says: CITIZEN OF THE YEAR. "Yeah, one of my real treasures." Don says.

       Dean looks at framed picture of an office tower and reads the inscription. "'To Don—take no prisoners. D. Trump'. The Trumpster! Wow." He says.

       "Like I said, success breeds fierce competition..." Don says as Sam reappears. "But in the end, everyone here respects and admires me."

       "Including your wife?" Sam asks. Dean, Elena and Don look at Sam. "Sorry. It's just, we heard the two of you were splitting up, right?"

       "Yeah, that's, uh—that's what we heard." Elena says.

       "Yeah, Maggie and I are going through a tough time. It's a separation—temporary." Don says. "Sometimes, you know, you grow apart. It's no one's fault."