CHAPTER II

We reached home and found Ryan making my favorite pasta. I squealed happily and ran to hug him.

"Ow, Brooke, take it easy girl." He laughed.

"You are making pasta, how can you even expect me to keep calm?" I stated happily.

"Got the point. Go get changed and we will eat together. Max will be home soon." He told us and we went to change.

After changing into comfy clothes we came downstairs. Allie went to help Ryan with table and Max was just lazily sprawled over sofa so I joined him too.

"SO how was the first day of school?"

"Good but some boys pranked us." I told Max.

"What? What you did then?" he was little annoyed.

"Allie was about to cry and I wanted to kick their asses." I clenched my fist.

"Bastards!" Max was also angry because he didn't like it when Allie was upset.

"Allie bear, what is she saying?" Ryan asked Allie but she wasn't listening. She was deep in her thoughts.

"Allie?" Max called her and she looked at him.

"What are you thinking?" he asked and Allie just shook her head. Max went to her and took her hands in his,

"Allie, you need to stay strong. You know, people are mean and selfish but you should stand for yourself. I know you don't like it when people are mean to you but believe me world out there is cruel and you need to be strong."

Allie nodded and hugged Max.

"What were you thinking?" he asked softly.

"Mom-dad." She mumbled and I clenched my fist tightly. My breathing became ragged but Ryan noticed it and he came to me.

"Shh... calm down, Bree, we are here. You don't need him. We are your parents." He said and I nodded.

"So let's go and eat." Ryan changed the subject and we all nodded.

"So what was the prank?" Max asked suddenly as Ryan shot him a look.

"They put frog in our locker." Allie said and dropped her head again.

"I need a plan to get back at them." I mumbled.

"Well, I think I got one." Max wiggled his eyebrows and an evil smile spread on my lips.

It resulted in groans from Ryan and Ally both. We laughed on that. After dinner, Max explained the plan and I was more than happy to have him as my adviser.

"That's too cool." I laughed loudly.

"I know, I'm the best." He smirked and we both shared a hi-five.

"You know, I'm glad that you both took us in. so thank you." I said as a matter of fact.

"Come on Brooke, you two are adorable and I'm happy that we are sharing our life with you because you never judged us." He smiled.

"I did. I was always uncomfortable with your... you know... "

"But finally you gave in, right?"

"Yeah, because of Allie. She never sees any bad in anyone so she made me look at you differently and it worked and I'm glad it did."

"I'm glad too."

"In all these years, it's the first place where I felt like I'm home. After whatever he did, I thought people would never look past that but you did."