CHAPTER IX

CHAPTER IX

Monday came in a blur and as usual we were late for school. We reached there before 5 minutes and ran to take our books. Allie was nagging me for the whole way to school about how she was late because of me. Well, I was used to it. Running towards class took remaining time and we entered in Janet’s class at the same time bell rang. She gave a smile when she saw us. We smiled back and took our seats. After the lecture was started, door opened with a loud bang and everyone turned towards that only to find ‘Twins’ standing there wearing their usual smirks.
“Detention after school.” Janet said calmly and both of them groaned.

“Mom, come on!” Asher pleaded giving his best puppy look. Girls were swooning over his cute face.

“Two days!” Janet simply stated and their eyes went wide. Nathan smacked Ash on his head and took his seat behind Allie.

“Hey!” he smiled at us soon the smile followed by Kevin’s. We waved and turned to our books. I thought they would start talking or something but they remained silent. Soon lecture was over and everyone started leaving.

“Nate, wait for five minutes.” Janet called and Ash smirked at him and whispered loudly, ‘Busted!’ Nathan glared at him.

“I saw your Math worksheet and trust me an eighth grader can do better work than you.” She scolded him. I wanted to laugh but I stifled it. Allie was still packing her bag rearranging books.

“You know I hate it.” Nathan mumbled.

“You need passing marks at least.”

“I will put extra efforts.”

“I’m appointing you a tutor.”

“What? Mom, No, Please, those are nerds, I hate them. Do you remember the girl who tutored me in ninth grade, she was anorexic and clingy.” He shuddered.

“Let’s go.” Allie took her bag and we set up to leave. Ash smiled and started walking with us.
“As you wish, Allison, I will give you a junior student to tutor as there is no one else who needs tutoring in this class.” Janet told Allie and she nodded. Nathan’s eyes went wide.

“Why Allie is tutoring?” I asked.
“It will add extra credits to her final grading. Do you want to join?” she asked me and I nodded enthusiastically. Yeah, I know I wasn’t nerd but I was good with science.

“Not Math but science.” I told her and she gave me a big smile,
“That’s great; I will talk to Mr. Clark about you.”

“Cool.” I smiled and linked my hand with Allie’s.

“Wait, is Allison is going to tutor me?” Nathan asked calmly but it looked like he was nervous. Janet nodded.

“Ummm, does the offer still stand? I think I need a tutor.” He scratched the backside of his neck while smiling sheepishly.

“No!” Janet flipped him and Asher laughed and said, “Burn!”
“Shut up, Dude.” Nathan glared at him but he was angry with himself.

“If Allison is ready to tutor you then you can…” Janet added before we left the class.

“Will you? Please?” Nathan asked Allie who was confused as she looked at Janet for help. Janet was smiling goofily at them.

“Ok.” Allie agreed which made Nathan smiled triumphantly.

“Thank you.” He smiled shyly at her and then hugged her.
“Mom, will you recommend Brooke as my science tutor because I’m not doing well in it.” Asher pleaded which earned a glare from Janet.