CHAPTER XX

CHAPTER XX

BROOKE’S P.O.V

Asher shot a glare towards Nathan as we walked to living room. Max was walking in front and we were following.

Allie joined Nathan and being Nathan he is, he stole a kiss from her. Her eyes went wide as she looked ahead but luckily Max was busy walking and grunting. 

I just shook my head. Nathan Bolton was incorrigible. My eyes went to Asher who was still sending glares at his twin.

“I’m going to kill you for this.” He harsh-whispered.

“That’s only if you are going to survive Max.” I piped in and Asher gulped a little.

“Is it that bad?” he murmured and I nodded.

“Your brother is smarter than he looks and you’re dumber that he just proved.” I told him and he glared at me.

“Don’t blame me; I was just happy that you wanted to hang out.”

“Then why would I call Nate? I would have called you, right?” I stated and a look of recognition crossed his face.

“That fucker….” But before he could finish, Max said,

“You can seat if you want.”

All four of us settled down on couch and Max’s gaze scrutinized everything.

“So you are?”

“Umm… hello sir, I’m Nathan Bolton.”

“The one who scared my Allie bear with frogs.” Ryan’s voice came as he took a seat beside Max. Nathan gulped a little but soon he composed himself,

“It was just a stupid prank and we apologized.”

Max nodded his head. Then he turned to Asher and Ash let out a small groan.

“And you?”

“I apologized too.”

“I’m asking for name.” Max deadpanned.

Allie couldn’t help but giggle. She sobered up immediately but I couldn’t.

“Asher Bolton.”

“Okay. So I just wanted to tell you that if you ever hurt them, I will rip your heads off.” Max said sternly.

“Don’t worry. He is just kidding.” Ryan piped in, “he is a sweetheart.”

Max glared at Ryan but he just shrugged.

“Are we clear? I’m not kidding when it comes to them.” He pointed at us. A small tug formed in my chest but it was of a good feeling. A small smile graced Allie’s lips too and her eyes turned glassy in seconds.

“Aww… My babies.” Ryan cooed and hugged both of us from behind. We both just giggled.

After few more questions, we came out of home.

“Well, it wasn’t that bad.” Nathan sighed but before anyone could reply Ash shoved him away not before punching him in the face.

“Nathan.” Allie gasped and ran to him.

“What the fuck, dude?” Nate yelled at him.

“You deserved it for what you did.” Ash glared at him and then took my hand walking towards the car. We sat in front waiting for star crossed lovers.

“That was a mean punch.” I chuckled.

“He had it coming.” Ash shrugged.

We both looked at Allie and Nate. Nathan was pouting while Allie was nursing him. It was adorable to see them. She ran inside and came out with her bag and ice pack. Nate put it on his face and they walked towards car. Nate threw a glare at Ash before sliding into back seat.