CHAPTER XXIII

CHAPTER XXIII

BROOKE’S P.O.V

My heart was beating like crazy. For some time, there was no sound and suddenly the drunken Asher said, very loud and clear which nearly gave me a heart attack,

“I like you, Brooke; I like you so much….”

I couldn’t say anything. It’s like I was frozen in a place.

“Brooke!”

“A…Ash, I don’t know what to say.”

“You’re so stupid. Say ‘I like you too.’” he chuckled.

“But Ash….” Before I could utter a word, it dawned on me that he was drunk. He won’t remember anything.

Suddenly there was a sound of his phone knocking down, followed by curses from Asher and a smack.

“Ash?”

“Brooke, its Nathan. Sorry, he is out of control right now. I’ll call you later.” And he hung up.

I took deep breaths to bring my heartbeats to a normal pace. I plopped down on my bed replaying the whole conversation.

‘He was drunk and he confessed his feelings. What if he was just lying? What if…..

Ugh! I groaned and put my face in my hands.

“Brooke?” Allie’s sleepy voice came and I snapped out of my thoughts.

“Sorry, Allie, go to sleep.”

“Hmm…” and then she was out like a light.

After a lot of tossing and turning, I slept as well.

-------------------

It was another day in hellhole.

Allie looked a little stress free after she told me everything. We walked to our lockers when somebody put a hand on our shoulder.

Allie jumped and turned to find Caleb laughing his ass off.

“You idiot.” She smacked him on his hand.

“Aww, Allie, don’t be so rude.” He pouted dramatically.

“But you scared Me.” she pouted back to which he just laughed and pulled her in a hug.

“Where is my hug?” I raised my eyebrow.

He laughed, pulling me towards him, hugging us both closer to his chest.

“I love you, best friends.” he yelled.

We squirmed under his hold to get out because he was nearly suffocating us.

“I hate you too.” I mumbled as I got out of his hold.

“Go away, Brooke, shoo shoo… go away!” he pushed me away with his finger poking my arm, his face scrunched up in an adorable frown.

“But you love me.” I cooed. He shook his head and pulled Allie closer,

“I have only one best friend and that’s her. You are cruel.” He said with a fake hurt.

“Shut up Asshole and drop us to our class.” I smacked his head and started walking ahead.

“I hate her so much.” He whispered loudly in Allie’s ear to which she just laughed while I chuckled.

“So didn’t lover boys came to pick you up today?” Caleb asked and Allie hit his arm.

“No.”