CHAPTER XVI

CHAPTER XVI

ALLIE’S P.O.V

“Wake up, Allie, it’s nearly 11.”

Brooke’s voice woke me up from my dream. I just buried my head in pillow, not really wanting to get up.

“Come on, Al, we’ll be late.” She said.

“Late for what?” I asked groggily.

“Ash asked me to come to his house for lunch. Janet wanted to meet us.”

That made me widen my eyes.

“Why would she want to meet us? Didn’t she meet us yesterday in school?”

“Al, don’t worry. I was scared too but Ash said that she just wanted to ask us for lunch nothing else.”

“Are you sure? What if she asks me about Nathan?”

Brooke just stared at me with blank look on her face. I pouted but she just ignored me and went to bathroom. I searched for my phone and looked for any message. Nathan had left me two messages

Good morning beautiful. –NB

I guess, Asher has told Brooke about today. See you soon. Can’t wait to see you. –NB

Soon we finished with our morning chores and came downstairs for some cornflakes.
“Hey morning ladies.” Ryan said and we gave him full blown smile.

“So Max told me that you are going out.”

“Yup! To Janet’s house.”

“Aren’t you spending too much time with her sons?” Ryan inquired and we both gulped a little. There was no way I wanted Max to go all hulk on Nathan.

“It’s just fun.” Brooke smiled uneasily and thanks to the god, Ryan bought it. After an hour we reached Bolton mansion. I walked inside as door was open to see Hailey sitting beside Nathan, smiling seductively. Her hand was on his bicep but Nathan looked uncomfortable. A small tug was formed in my chest but I knew Nathan would never hurt me.

“Oh! The bitch is here.” Brooke mumbled. I bit my lip.

“What is going on here?”

unfamiliar voice of a lady came and Hailey jumped away from Nathan. Nathan’s gaze fell on us and a big smile spread on his lips which as usual made my heart go crazy. He came towards us and hugged me tightly.

“Hey!” he smiled and kissed my temple. I just gave him a shy smile. It didn’t matter how much time we were spending together but every time he touched me, blush always followed.   

“Hey Brooke.” He pulled Brooke closer too and hugged both of us with his large hands. We giggled when someone cleared throat.
He pulled back and we came in front of an old lady who looked in her sixties or so.

“Hey Gram, this is Allison and Brooke.” He introduced us. I looked at Brooke and she swallowed hard too.

“Hello girls.” She smiled at us but it looked formal.

“You are late.” She said bluntly and my heart started beating loudly. She definitely didn’t like us.

“Sorry!” Brooke whispered. It was unsettling to see Brooke unnerved.

“Lunch is ready. Let’s go.” She said and walked inside. I let out the breath I didn’t know I was holding.

“It’s okay. She is not bad.”