CHAPTER XIX

CHAPTER XIX

ALLIE'S P.O.V

I was happy. For the first time, I was so sure of something that was happening in my life. Nathan made me believe in whatever we had till that date. He was so caring and persistent when I was the one who lost the faith in our relationship. He was everything, I could ask for. One thing always left me wandering was that why the guy like him started liking a girl like me? I mean he was attractive and charming and handsome whereas I was just a normal girl who was struggling with everything even my feelings. It was the reason of my insecurity. Initially it seemed like he would get bored and then leave but the way he handled everything when I was at my lowest made me believe in him, in us.

"Earth to Allie!" Max waved his hand in front of me and I shook my head.

"Sorry, I spaced out."

"We are used to it." Brooke shrugged which earned her a glare.

"What were you thinking?" Ryan took a swig of his drink.

"School and all."

"What are your plans today?" Max asked Brooke but she just shook her head. He turned towards me.

"I have to tutor Nathan." I tried to keep it simple but his name brought a small heat.

"Nathan? Isn't he the same guy who pranked you?" Max asked curiously.

"Yeah! He is." Brooke answered for me.

"Why are you tutoring him? You should have rejected."

"Ummm... Max, it's that they are not that bad." I tried to tell but he shook his head.

"If he tries anything, you are going to tell me, Okay?" he stated firmly.

Brooke coughed and grinned at me.

"Don't worry, Max, they are getting along very well." She smirked at me which caused Ryan to raise an eyebrow.

"What does that mean?" he asked and I shook my head.

"Nothing. It means nothing." I sighed not wanting to give an interview.

"Where are you tutoring him?"

"In library."

"That's too far from here." I definitely wanted to shut down Ryan's system.

"He is picking me up." I mumbled. Max's face went from scowl to evil smile.

"I wanna meet him before you go out with him."

"Max, there is nothing going on. I'm just a tutor and he is a student."

"I don't care. You are spending a lot of time with him so I need to approve his company."

I groaned and looked at Brooke who was trying her best not to laugh at my expense. I glared at her but it was of no use.

"What about lunch?" Ryan piped in.

"I don't know." I mumbled again.
"Okay. I'll talk to the boy." Max clenched and unclenched his fist and went to wash his plate.

I banged my head on table groaning a little.

"It's okay, Allie bear! You will be alright. I'm just scared for your friend." Ryan patted my head and chuckled walking inside.

"Nathan is going to die." Brooke said and burst into laughter.

"I'm cancelling the session." I mumbled and walked back to our room.

I pulled out my phone only to see messages, one from Nathan and other two were from unknown number. I clicked on Nathan's message.

Hey, will pick you up at 12.30. Already missing you. ;) -Nathan