CHAPTER XXVII

CHAPTER XXVII

BROOKE’S P.O.V

I was shocked and felt betrayed. My own sister betrayed me. How was I supposed to trust anyone? That night I cried, I cried a lot in Asher’s chest. He was disturbed too. His mother was missing and my sister was the reason behind it. Allie broke so many hearts that time.

It had been two days. Troy didn’t register police complaint as Mike Davis threatened to hurt Ginny. Allie tried to explain but there was nothing left to talk. Ryan and Max were shocked too. Everyone ignored Allie and her plea. It was afternoon when I returned home. Asher also came to drop me. After this we were going to find Janet or any clue which would lead us to her.

“Oh Brooke.” Ryan came and hugged me tightly. Tears streamed down my face again.

“It’s okay. Everything will be okay.” He comforted Ash too.

I nodded and walked towards my room. Allie was nowhere to be seen.

“Go take a shower, I’ll wait. Nathan is joining us as well. He is helping dad, tracking down that phone.” Ash said softly but he was hurt too. Janet was everything to them and they lost her.

I gave a small nod and walked inside the bathroom. My heart stopped when I saw pregnancy test on counter. I took it to see it was positive. There was no one else in the room before except Allie. That means Allie? I covered my mouth with my hand and stumbled back a little. Asher came running and he looked at that too.

“Is it…?” he looked shocked.

“Allie…” I whispered back.

“I found something.” Nathan burst into the room and looked at the test. His face went rigid and eyes turned cold.

“Nathan…. Allie is…”

“I know.” He deadpanned and we both turned towards him with wide eyes.

“Nathan, please, listen to me, let me explain.” Allie begged again.

Nathan fisted his hands,
“Get out of here and stay away from me.”

“Nathan, please.” She sobbed again.

“Leave, Allison.”

“I… I think… I’m… I’m pregnant.” She said.

Nathan froze in his place but then his cold heart made its appearance,

“It’s not my baby. I don’t care what happens to you or your baby. Just get out.”

“OH god!” I gasped loudly.
“If you are coming, let’s go. We found a lead.” Nathan said in his cold voice and walked away.

THIRD PERSON’S P.O.V

Allie was truly broken. She had nothing left but she needed to make sure Janet’s safety. She tracked down Mike’s number and went to that place. It was a basement of some under construction building.

Everything was dark but she went inside. There she saw Janet tied to the chair. She ran towards her.

“Allison, oh god, you are here.” Janet sobbed. Allie untied her and they both hugged.

“Aah! This is what I wanted to see.” That evil voice came and Allie pushed Janet behind her, protecting her.

“You wound me, Allison, you are protecting an enemy.” He stated.

“She is family. She treated me like her daughter.” Allie told him and again Mike’s eyes furrowed with anger.

“You bitch.” He took a hold of Allie’s hair and yanked her away from Janet. Both of them screamed, Allie due to pain and Janet because of Allie.