CHAPTER XII

CHAPTER XII

BROOKE'S P.O.V

Holy shit! I just can't believe it. I just kissed Asher Bolton. I don't know how did this happen but it just did. When we pulled back he was smiling cheekily at me.

"That was sexy." He muttered and I hit his hand pushing him away.

"See, I'm not a bad guy. Not yet." He wiggled his eyes and I turned away from him going straight towards food stalls.

"Brooke, come on, you loved it."
A small coat of red spread on my cheek as I tried to hide it with my hair.

"I'm hungry." I changed the topic knowing he was more food lover than I was. In next few minutes we took our food and sat in a corner table.

"So are you going to...." Before he could say anything our phones beeped at the same moment.

Curiously, I took out my phone and was shocked to see it was our picture while kissing sent by the devil himself, Nathan Bolton. Asher's lips twitched upward and he winked at me,
"Isn't that cute?"

I scoffed and looked around for Nathan and Allie only to find them on dance floor snuggling closer.

"Now it's our chance!" Ash laughed and clicked a picture.

"Now we are even." he chuckled.

"Ash, does... does that k... kiss mean anything?" I stuttered.

Actually I was debating with myself whether I should ask him or not but finally I did.

"What do you want?"

"I don't know."

"Cool for me actually. I don't do relationships." He just shrugged, "Let's eat."

My mouth felt dry. See, he was a player and I was having feelings for this god damn bastard.

"Yeah! Let's eat." I mumbled and ignored him after that. Soon, the little party ended and it was time to go home. Finally! I was little annoyed with others as well as myself. Max called me telling me that he was here to pick us up.
I stood up from my seat and told Asher,
"Bye. I'm leaving. It was nice spending time with you."

He stood up too and kissed my cheek, "I am glad. Thank you for being with me."

"Ummm.... I... I need to find Allie." I walked away from him looking for Allie.

They were sitting under a tree talking. She was sitting in front of him, her back pressing to his chest as Nathan had his hands wrapped around her waist. His chin resting on her shoulder.

"Allie...?"

They both turned towards me.

"Brooke!" Allie's eyes went wide as she got up from her seat. Nathan followed her.

"We need to leave." I said eyeing Nathan.

"Umm... Ok!" she turned towards Nathan and mumbled something. He gave her a small smile and leaned forward to put a small kiss on her forehead.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She came to me as he gave me a small nod. Without a word, we walked outside the school.

"Are you angry?" Allie asked as we came out.

"I don't know. I'm confused."

"Why? I saw you and Ash...."

"That was... I don't know what that was. I think I like him but he was behaving like it meant nothing to him."

"It's not like that." She tried to say something but felt like she didn't get the correct words. We reached the car as Max and Allie started talking. I looked out of window,