CHAPTER XIV

CHAPTER XIV

BROOKE’S P.O.V

Nathan was pissed at me for keeping Allie away from him for one lecture but it wasn’t my fault. His brother was the real culprit. Not that he had done something wrong but I just wanted to ignore him to move on from my feelings. I was just pushing him away. I knew it was wrong that I was keeping Allie away from Nathan but I was helpless as I didn’t want to be alone. I sighed and turned to Allie,

“Al, I’m sorry. I know I’m being a bitch and….”

“Don’t say it Brooke, I know what are you feeling and now as I’m with Nathan I know it’s difficult. I’m sorry.” She looked guilty and it hurt me seeing my sister thinking about me so much. I just pulled her closer and hugged her.

“I’m happy for you, Allie and don’t say it. I’m glad that Nathan is so serious and you are happy so that’s all that matters.”

“Thank you.” She mumbled.

Suddenly somebody cleared the throat and we looked ahead. Janet raised her eyebrow at us as I apologized. She just shook her head and continued the lecture.
As soon as the lecture was over, Nathan came and hugged Allie from behind kissing her cheek.

“Nathan, we’re in class in front of your mother.” She whispered and tried to pull away.

“Well, she knows. She was the one who advised me yesterday so don’t worry about her…”

I rolled my eyes and ignored him and at the same time, Asher took my hand and started walking out the class. I startled as I tried to pull back,
“What are you doing, Bolton? Let me go.” I yelled at him but he looked unfazed.

“Asher leave me.” I tried again but he kept walking towards the exit. He still didn’t react.

“Ash, stop.” I yelled and he turned to look at me. Due to force, I ran into his chest. He kept his other hand around my waist pulling me even closer,
“Not before you tell me what is going on and what have I done?”
I gulped because he was dead serious.

“I….”

“Not here. Make up your mind, we are skipping.” He said with the same stern attitude and made his way to parking. 

“Ash!”

“Don’t. You brought it to yourself by ignoring me so shut up and come with Me.” he sneered and we sat in his car. I sighed as he started the car. I just watched outside passing people and many more things. Soon he stopped and we were in front of a small café.

“Let’s go.” He said in clipped tone. I didn’t argue because of his serious demeanor and walked inside. As we settled down and placed our orders he let out a sigh.

“Talk!” he mumbled while rubbing his face with his palms.

“About what?” I asked and he glared at me.

“Tell me what have I done wrong? Why are you giving me cold shoulder?” he said through gritted teeth.

“N…Nothing!” I didn’t know what to say.

“Don’t play around, Brooke, I can’t fucking take it when you are ignoring me, Okay?”

“What?” I was surprised when he said that.

“You heard me well.” He glared at me.

“Why are you angry? Before you were so sweet and suddenly you have changed into hulk.”

He narrowed his eyes at me, “That’s because before this you didn’t ignore me and now you are doing it.”

“Why does it matter if I ignore you or not?” I was acting stubborn, I know.