CHAPTER XI

CHAPTER XI

NATHAN'S P.O.V

I looked at Allie who was staring at all the flavors of ice-cream.

"I think we should take this." She finally said.

"Why don't we do the same we did before? All flavors in a single bowl?"

She smiled goofily at me and then nodded. This time we took 6 different flavors which looked utterly delicious. She happily took the bowl and searched for a place to sit. I put two spoons in it and we started munching on it.

"It's good." She moaned a little and then put her spoon in front of my mouth to let me taste the same. She fed me and I had the same reaction.

"Perfection! Try this one." I fed her another one and she smiled nodding her head.

"You are a sucker for ice-creams, aren't you?" I asked and she again gave a nod.

"Aren't you going to talk?"

"Only after we finish this." She mumbled and put a spoonful ice-cream in her mouth again. I laughed, "Have your ways."

After some time, we finished it and she started laughing.

"What happened?"

"Brooke would never let me eat this much of ice-cream. I like you because you like ice-creams." She explained with a full blown smile on her face.

"So you like me, ahh?" I wiggled my eyebrows and a deep coat of red spread over her cheeks.

"Not like that."

"Just kidding!" I bumped my shoulder with her though I wasn't kidding, at that moment all I wanted was to grab her face and kiss her senseless.

"Wanna talk about something different? What about your family?" I asked and she gulped a little.

"They are gone!" she muttered and it lifted my curiosity spirits up.

"What do you mean?"

"I... its complicated and if you.... If you come to know about this you wouldn't want to be my friend." She said staring at ground.

"Why are you saying that?"

"We... I and Brooke, we have bad past. People hate us. They didn't like us and they bullied me." her voice cracked a little.

"Allie? What happened in your past?" I pulled her towards me and her eyes were brimming with tears.

"Will... will you keep it a secret?" she asked softly and I nodded sincerely.

"Brooke and I, we are not related!" she said and my eyes widened.

"I... I had a twin sister, her name was Amelia! My father married Brooke's mother when we were seven. My mom died after she gave us birth. Amy was more free and wild child. She and Brooke never got along as Brooke was little dominating too. In school, although Amy was my twin she teased me for being different. She told everyone I was crazy and weird. They all hated me but Brooke was always there. She never left my side."

"What happened to Amelia?" I asked.

"She died." Allie blurted out and her tears fell freely. I hugged her tightly.

"We were nine when she was diagnosed with cancer. That year was hard for all of us. When she left, everyone blamed me saying I killed her. Brooke stayed by my side through thick and thin like my only sister. Dad lost it all after that. He used to come home drunk and then abuse us. One day, he lost it so bad that he snapped and killed Brooke's mother. It was accident but he killed her. That night, he ran from home and then he met with an accident also. He lived and so the person who he hit but then police charged him with two cases and...."