CHAPTER III

“Brooke, wake up, we’ll be late.” Allie pulled my blanket off my face and I groaned.

“Five minutes more please.” I mumbled and hid my face in my favorite tweety pillow.

“If you don’t get up right now, I will pour cold water.” She threatened and I jumped out of bed because it wasn’t just a threat. I had already seen Allie doing that to me.

“I’m up.” I yelled and ran to shower.

After half hour I ran downstairs and popped a piece of bread in my mouth and pulled Allie outside and started walking.
“I was hungry.” She whined.
“But we’ll be late, right?”
“It’s because of you. You were late and as always I waited for you to eat breakfast and as usual you didn’t let Me.” she huffed and I chuckled.

“I’m sorry.” I hugged her from one side. We shared our only iPod and reached school in fifteen minutes. While walking to our locker, I realized people were staring at us and some had evil smile on their faces.

“Brace yourself; I think shit is going to go down.” I mumbled under my breath.

“Brooke, I think those boys found a way to get back at us.” Allie stated as she looked around. She was nervous and actually I was too. We reached our locker and saw everybody was pointing towards it while murmuring something. I pushed them aside and saw water dripping from our locker. Allie opened the locker and all the stuff inside was wet. I opened mine and had same thing. There was a stinky sock which was hanging in the middle. It was disgusting. I heard laughter and turned to glare at twins. They had big smirks on their stupid faces.

“Payback is a bitch, isn’t it?” Nathan said loudly and everyone laughed. I didn’t say anything but I was fuming. He gave a small handkerchief to me and smiled.

“Trust me; I’ll get back at you.” I said through greeted teeth.
“I would love to see It.” he whispered in my ear and left. Asher was behind him but he went to Allie and mumbled, “Sorry, Allie but it was necessary.” He winked at me and left.

Everyone went to their own ways with a subject of gossip. I didn’t realize Allie wasn’t looking at anyone as she had clutched something in her hand. I turned towards her and made her look at me. She didn’t meet my eye but there were tears falling down her cheeks.

“Allie?” I was afraid.

“It was the last photo of her.” She mumbled and showed me a wet photo. It was in bad condition.
“I’m sorry.” I hugged her tightly knowing how those small memories were important to her. She always held onto those memories for living. She wasn’t strong when it came to our past but she never showed it to anyone. Today, when I saw her crying, I was more determined to take my revenge against them and there was no way I could have waited for one more day. I had to think something.

After some time, we went to our class which was Math. Janet was already there, she smiled at us when she saw us. Allie returned it but I was fuming because they were her sons who made my sister cry. After an hour the lecture was over. I took my supplies and was about to leave the class when Janet called Allie.

“Yes madam?” Allie asked.
“Umm, Allison, we talked about that scholarship yesterday right? And I told you that I will tell you about that today after school but I can’t. Actually I’m leaving after half day.”

“No worry, I will wait tomorrow.” Allie answered.
“No you can’t. You have exam tomorrow, remember? And those doubts were pretty complex.” Janet explained and Allie nodded. She looked little worried. Me? Well, I was shocked that it was our first week and teachers were giving Allie their pieces of advice. Well, that was Allie for us, a studious and favorite student of all teachers.
“And I don’t want you to suffer. So will you come by my place in the evening? I will help you.”
“Your place?” Allie swallowed and my brain started working really very fast. An evil idea popped in my awesome brain and I smirked.