CHAPTER VII

CHAPTER VII

"I.... I can't really...." She stuttered.

"Just one, I promise I won't bite." He winked at her and she let out a nervous laugh. She looked at me for some help but I just shrugged. I wanted her to let lose for some time. She nodded and took Nathan's hand and they went to dance floor. The music was blasting through speakers as they made their way to the middle of the dance floor.

"What is your brother up to?" I asked Asher suspiciously.
He just shrugged and said,

"Maybe he likes her."

"Just tell him to keep it to himself." I warned, "Allie is not like his other toy girls that he will play with and then throw away. She has already gone through a lot so please."

"Why are you so sure that he is going to play with her?"
"Because he is a player." I replied in 'duh' tone.

"Ohh, so you think same about me too?" he asked suddenly and I nodded,
"Off course you are a player too. Rich, annoying, obnoxious, popular, hot...." I trailed off.
"Oh, so you think I'm hot?" he cut me off; grinning ear to ear.
I avoided and cleared my throat.
"It's not what I meant...." I trailed off and he laughed at my stupid face.
"Admit it that you think I'm hot."
"No, I don't think that." I crossed my arms over my chest.
"Whatever helps you to sleep at night." He rolled his eyes and chuckled. I huffed and started looking for Allie.
"IS your brother bipolar?" I asked suddenly.
"What? Where did you get that idea?"
"First time he is all furious and all, he called Allie ugly and then he told her that she is beautiful, now he asked her to dance....."
"Wait, Did Nate told her she is beautiful?" He asked raising his eyebrow.
"Yeah! That's what Allie told me and she never lie to me so..."
"Wow, that's new, Nate is really changing then." He mumbled to himself.
"What do you mean by that?"
"As you say, Nate is a player or should I say he was? I mean yeah, he was never in any serious relationship and I don't remember he called someone beautiful or pretty. So Allie is first. That day when he kissed her, he later told me that he couldn't control himself means he never thought about kissing her in the first place but when he saw her standing there, he couldn't stop and kissed her. Then after everything he went and apologized and let me tell you one thing that guy has never apologized to anyone except mom." Asher explained and I was shocked a bit.

"So do you mean......"
"Yeah, Maybe."
"That's different but i will kill him if he hurt her."
"Does that mean you are okay if they are together?"
"What? When did I say that? There is no way I would let that douche bag ruin Allie's life."
"I thought so."

We fell into silence my eyes were wandering on dance floor where I finally spotted Allie. She was smiling up at Nathan who was telling her something and he had a genuine smile on his face. Really? What if that's the smile who uses to lure the girls like Allie? I need to stop her from falling for that 'A' grade asshole. I stood up abruptly and started walking towards Allie.

"Where are you going?" Asher called me.
"Home, it's time, we need to go." I told him. It was already 9.30.
"OH, you are not serious, we haven't even gone to dance, Brooke, come on." He whined like a small kid.

"Sorry, Ash, I have to go."
"One dance?"
"Nope!" I shook my head.
"Please? Just one dance? It will be over in no time."
"Sorry, Asher, we have to go now. I will see you later." I went to him and softly kissed his cheek,

"Thank you for keeping me a good company." I told him and started walking towards Allie. I took her hand and pulled her away from Nathan. Nathan's eyebrows scrunched up in confusion,

"What's wrong?" he asked me narrowing his eyes.

"We have to go." I pulled Allie down the dance floor and suddenly a bucket of water fell on us. Allie and I gasped loudly.
"Holy fuck!" I cursed and saw Lacey and her best friend smiling sweetly at us. Caleb had told me that they were obsessed with twins. Everyone stopped dancing and turned towards us.