CHAPTER XXVIII

Dedicated to Flyhigh167 and kicks03.

This is the last chapter of this story. It is longer than any of the chapters before. Hope you enjoy it.

CHAPTER XXVIII

AFTER FOUR MONTHS

They tried hard to find her. Police were searching too. Troy hired private detectives to find her but there was no trace of Allie. They found Mike's body in a car crash but nobody knew where Allie was. Yes! Mike was dead.

Three months ago, Police entered the Bolton Villa with the news of Mike Davis' death. Nathan had a hope that maybe they found something about Allie but he was wrong. Even police were confused as there was no trace of Allie anywhere. They informed that Mike was driving out of state when a truck hit his car resulting in the death of his and his man. Actually the car exploded when that truck hit him. Janet recognized the other man as Mike's partner. Only question remaining was where Allie was.

Brooke was depressed. The school became nightmare for her. People were whispering about her and Allie. Some of them gave sympathy while some just didn't care. Caleb stopped talking to Brooke. He didn't sit with her in lunch or didn't even say hi. He was frustrated as well. Allie was his best friend and now he had no one. Some people pitied him because he looked like a zombie since the news came.

Asher was there to help Brooke but she tried to push him away. Every time she looked at Nathan, a new wave of guilt would appear. She tried everything to avoid but Asher wouldn't budge. He stayed by her side.

Nathan didn't go to school for those four months. He made it his mission to find Allie. He was going crazy day by day. His room was filled with their photos and Allie's memories. He was broken beyond repair. Even Hailey felt bad and tried to make him feel better but he isolated himself from everyone. All he wanted was Allie nothing else. He wished he could go back and make everything all right. But everything was ruined for once and for all.

Janet was traumatized. She was visiting counselor to stay sane. Every night she tried to sleep but woke up with haunting nightmares. Allie was like her own child. She was selfless, the way she was ready to die for her made her heart ache. Allie had no one, she was alone. In the end, Mike took everything from her. Every night when Troy returned, she would ask only one question and it was if he had found Allie. It was sad. She didn't talk to Nathan. He cried and apologized but Janet couldn't make up. She couldn't forgive him just like Mike wanted. The guilt was too much. She had seen what Mike did to Allie in that half hour and now she was afraid for her life. Allie didn't deserve that kind of treatment, the girl was innocent and she wanted to be happy. But they all took her happiness away. They broke her beyond repair.

It was another Sunday morning and Bolton villa was quiet as usual. Their bell rang and a butler opened the door.

"Mr. Bolton, I need to talk to you." David Hale said. David Hale was one of the detectives, Troy had hired for Allie.

Nathan followed him without wasting a second.

They all came out and sat in living room.

"I think I found the girl you are looking for. I'm little confused because of her behavior but I talked to her neighbors; they told me that she moved there 3 and half months ago. She never goes out except for grocery shopping. Even I was there for a week and never saw her outside the house."

"It can be Allie." Asher said.

"One more thing, she is pregnant." David said and Nathan's heartbeat skipped. It was Allie he was sure now. It had to be her.