Chapter Fifteen

Xavier's POV
"Hey Xavier!"
I freeze with my hand on the door of my car, and look up to see Daniel running towards me. What do you want now kid?
"Have any plans? For today that is."
No." Yes."
He frowns when he comes up to my door and swipes at his forehead and breathes heavily. He ran across a parking lot, not a marathon." Well shoot. I promised Hana you'd come. It's just to a little Mexican place downtown. We won't be there for about an hour. Please? I need some company because Hana's bringing Asher."
I stare into his eyes then." I'm not being a part of the love triangle that only you out of the three are aware of."
"No, it's not like that. It's just Hana and Asher made up today while they were gone and she automatically said she'd come. Please? Like I said, hour tops. We usually need someone strong anyways to keep her back from doing something stupid."
"What could Asher do that you need me for?"
He bites his lip and looks down at his feet." Please don't tell her I said this. Once, about a year ago, a waiter had mixed her drink up with someone else's. She ordered Mountain Dew, someone ordered Lemon Lime but spiked. Well she chugged it before she realized, because Hana had dared her to eat the hot sauce. She got.... She's an easy drunk. She started dancing everywhere, saying something about the test chasing after her and passed out on a statue of a dancing pepper. So yeah..... We need someone like you to keep anything like that from happening..... Again."
"So what's with Asher? She lies to cops, has a million boys trying to win her heart, and has all kinds of stories that you don't really hear about nobody's like us having." It's all not really making sense. The sassy personality, the bravery, the history. I mean yes she gets good grades and thinks of school as her number one priority but isn't being an outcast, shy, and awkward a part of the role?
"Asher's.... Different. She's been actually raised different. Her mother was the captain of the cheerleading team, homecoming queen every year she was involved. A very popular blonde that everyone in her school wanted to be. Her father... I don't know much about him because when we were dating he wasn't around here at the moment. But he was the tough dude. The one who got into fights, was always in trouble, had a reputation of being a player and fuckboy. They were an on and off thing until her mother got pregnant. She dropped out of school, got a small job at a real estate and later finished her education. I'm sure she's already told you about her mother having her inside of the office.Now she's pretty popular with her stuff in real estate.He dropped out as well, and became a carpenter. And the rest you can probably infer." His eyes glaze over as he talks about her history, and instead of feeling sorry for him I'm mostly creeped out.
"How do you know all this?"
He shrugs slightly and fixes his glasses." It probably sounds creepy right?" Right." It's not really. It's just over our relationship she told me bits and pieces about her family and I've just put them together. I just learned that her mother dropped out because of how she was pregnant with Asher." He glances back at his grey BMW and rubs his fingers together.
"I'll follow you." I tell him and put my car keys into the ignition." I don't drive slow ever. Don't be afraid to hit the speed limit."
A gigantic smile forms on his face, showing all his teeth and the slightly noticeable Invisalign and pays my on the arm." Thanks dude. I'll pay for you're meal to pay you back." With that he jogs back over to his car and I roll my eyes as I shut my car door and put the car into drive as he pulls out of his parking space.
The parking lot is mostly empty as we drive out, him being the reason why we stayed so late. My stomach growls as I begin to think of the Mexican restaurant. The growling grows louder and I squint at the kid, how's barely going forty when the speed limits fifty five. My believes of Asher actually being a reckless driver are subsiding with every slow inch he passes. I blow on my horn saying his brake lights to come on as he nearly stops in the middle of the highway, causing my to slam in mine as well. Tired screech as I stop my car to avoid smashing into him and I hit the horn harder at him." What the fuck kid? How in the hell did you get your god damn license? My fucking grandma can drive faster on the demon she's grinding on in hell!" He begins to drive again, as cars come in behind us and glances back at me before going to fifty five. "I doubt we had to go though that near death experience just for you to speed the hell up."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------/------------------/----------------------