Chapter Thirty

Asher's POV
I wait in line in the lunchroom, standing by myself and not glancing at my usual table. I grab my root beer from the machine and step in place for the things they have sitting out. I grab a hamburger and a bag of chips and go into the line to pay for it. We used to only get twenty five minutes with lunch but when everyone started to buy stuff and take a long time in line they have is forty. But added fifteen minutes to last period to make up for it...
The lady smiles at me as she takes my money and I smile back before going out of the lunchroom to the library. The best thing about tutoring Gabriel today? The fact that's it's raining and also that I get animal crackers along with it. I slip into the library, seeing him come down the hallway as well and make my way to the desks. I sit my pencil knot the ground and open the container to the hamburger. Onions, cheese,lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, and ketchup. Everything I like on mine. I open my root beer and take a drink of it before sitting it back down as Gabriel walks around the corner, holding his lunch and book." I don't see you eating that whole burger." He tells me as he takes the seat in front of me, looking at the burger.
"Why?"
"Because your so small. That would probably make your stomach explode."
"I'm five foot eleven."
He rolls his eyes and looks into mine." I know you're freakishly tall. I'm talking about your stomach. I can't imagine your stomach holding a hamburger that size."
I roll my eyes and take a big bite of it and scrunch my nose up at him as I chew." Bet me?"
"What are we betting?"
"Who ever loses.... Has to talk in third person for the rest of the day."
"You seem sure of yourself Asher. Yeah, I'll take the bet."
"Okay. Be prepared." I say and take a mother gigantic it's of the burger and snap my finger at his history book. He opens it up to the page we were on yesterday. I begin to get thirsty but don't take a drink knowing the pop will just feel my up more and lessen my chance of winning.
"Today we're working on the same thing and the teacher gave us a surprise test. I actually didn't have that big of a problem doing it like usual..."
I smile and swallow the mouth full and look at his textbook before back at him." What did you get?"
He shrugs and touches his textbook." I don't know he hasn't gave it back to us- one hundred percent." He says and shows the two pages packets with short answer questions on it and I smile." We had to pick whatever crusade we wanted and answer these questions on it. I used the stuff from yesterday and knew all the questions."
I smile bigger and put my fist in the air, which he fist pumps, and take the test from him." That was a coincidence about these two things by the way. I didn't know about the test. Though, just so you know your ready for a test coming up, you can always ask a teacher for a schedule of what they plan to do through the unit. We can study that to find out what you need to know to pass." I bite my lip before saying,"I'll get the schedule for you today and we can look at it on Monday or whenever you come." I listen to the sound of the rain as he nods and looks at opens his bag. He sits the animal crackers in front of me and slides out a burger exactly like mine." Copy cat."
He rolls his eyes and takes a bite from it." It's way more peaceful eating in here than the cafeteria. There the boys are wrestling as the cheerleaders talk about which ones there's for the day. Then we always have a food fight. Here I have you listening to the rain and the librarian clicking on her computer."
I put Ina poker face when he mentions the rain part and sit up straighter." That's what I like best about eating in here. That and I'm able to avoid you're sister."
"I've been trying to avoid her as well. she keeps asking questions about you. Like if you're mad, why you're mad and so on and so on." He rolls his eyes and reaches into his pocket." She also keeps asking why dad had me tell you thank you. She thinks you told on her, which you did but she's in the trouble she's in because how he walked in on her." He sighs and sits a crumpled up paper into the desk." I never know what to think of people know. You're not banging people secretly to are you?"
A heat goes across my neck and his eyes widen." Asher. Are you a virgin?"
I gulp and nod as a smile forms in his face. I swear if he tries to taunt me about it, I'll kill him right here, right now." Yes, why?"
"Because that's adorable! And I'm not teasing you either. You just got a whole lot more attractive."
I scrunch my nose at him and ask,"How? I thought people don't like inexperienced people?"
"Because taking a girls v card is an accomplishment. And don't repeat it but it's a weird thing right now with us boys at the school.We're searching for innocents."
I stand up and chew the last of my burger." I'm going to go because I don't like the fact that you just admitted about searching for a virgin and I'm one. See you when I don't feel creeped out." I grab my animal crackers and begin to leave when he grabs me by my bicep and looks into my eyes.
"I'm not going to try anything with you Asher. You're like a sister to me, even though we've only started talking for about three days now. But don't tell anyone okay? As soon as word gets out, boys will find any reason to get around you. Think of us as dogs in heat." He pauses and hunkers down slightly and whispers into my ear,"Don't fall for Cole. He's in the lead right now. I don't know if he's talking to you just because he knows or what but watch yourself. He's a master at manipulation." He pays my back and says," Gabe has to go around in third person doesn't he?"
"Yes he does."
"Well will You tutor Gabe? He only has fifteen minutes."
I sigh out and gesture back to the table." Yeah, go ahead." I take my seat and hold at my stomach, wanting a drink but to full to take one.
"If you puke the bet's over." He says hopeful and I roll my eyes.
"If I puke I'm aiming towards you."
He scoots back in his chair slightly and pulls his notebook back with him." Please don't."
I laugh as a voice asks,"Please do. And in a none possessive way, why are you two in the library together again? It's just out of curiosity."
I turn to see Sebastian standing beside a bookshelf that blocks this area from the rows of books." Why does it concern you?"
He brings his hands up and says," Just wanting to know. Mostly wondering why Gabe here is suddenly caring about his grades. And why he has to be in a secret place just to be around you. Do you think he would talk to you if you passed each other in the halls?"
Gabe stiffens and I answer," No. And I'm fine with that. I'm a tutor. Not a friend. He doesn't have to talk to me when he's with his."
"And would you have a problem if he talked to you in the halls?"
"I'd rather him not personally. Just as I expect like you to not to talk to me in the hallways. Which is where I know you're going with this."
Sebastian smirks, wincing slightly at the movement of his face he folds his arms over his chest." And what would you two say if I threatened to tell everyone about this if you didn't start talking to me?"
"I'd black that other eyes of yours. Maybe even claim rape or something. The students might believe you but who would the teachers- the people who matter- believe?" You or me, Sebastian? And what would you do if I told my father about you threatening me like this? We both understand he's a powerful man when he feels the need be."
Sebastian scowls at me and grunts slightly." Fine."
I smile in victory and raise n eyebrow at him." Are you going to leave or?..."
He frowns and shakes his head before taking a seat beside Gabriel and I." I'll watch. I want to spend as much time with my new best friend here as I can."
I roll my eyes and look back at Gabriel." Just ignore him. Maybe if we ignore it? It'll crawl away or something." I look at his history book nod scan over that lesson before going to the next." Okay. Now we're talking about the holocaust.... Write down all the important names and dates. Along with the darkened and highlighted words. We're going to do the same thing as yesterday."
He nods and writes it all down, underlining the words and writing the definition of the word beside it. He flips the pages and writes them al down, taking a whole page of them and looks back at me after he's done." Facts next?" I nod and he writes down five sentences and looks back up at me.
"Okay. Here's you're prompt. How do you think the holocaust affected not only the Jews but everyone else? Both then and now." I glance up at the clock and see there's only five minutes left." Just write that down and do it this weekend. I'll check over it next time. But tell me one interesting fact you learned."
"Hitler had a law against animal cruelty. He wouldn't let experiments be done to the animals for research."
I put my fist up in the air no he fist pumps it before closing his book." What do you want Gabe to tell Hana?"
"Tell her.. That I said to stop thinking about me. I'm not her problem anymore, just like she's not mine. Tell her know she has a lot of time to live her life." He nods and starts to eat his burger." What do you plan to do tomorrow?"
"I don't see why it concerns-"
I scowl at Sebastian and look back at Gabe." Not waking up until three. Eating. Reading. Being the world's laziest and most unproductive person ever. You?"
"Same thing. But video games included along with the basketball game tomorrow. You should come." I shake my head and he frowns." You don't like basketball?"
"No. I like basketball. I just don't like the crowds and the people that go to this school. I also don't like the smell of the athletes sweat mixed with nachos and cheese."
He shrugs and says," Understandable. So what do you do? Watch the games on tv?"
"Of basketball? Yeah. Of our school? No. I watch professional basketball."
"Are you calling me unprofessional?" He asks, putting his hand to his chest in mock hurt.
"Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying."
The bell to the end of lunch rings and he gets up, giving me a slight wave before leaving and Sebastian turns to me." So you'll let him flirt with you but you won't let me?"
"He wasn't flirting. He was having a friendly conversation with me. Something you're unable to do." I get my trash and put it all in a bag, putting my root beer into my book bag and stand up.
He stands up as well and folds his arms over his chest." You're very innocent. That's how the jocks flirt. Watch and see if he doesn't start touching you when he can, making jokes, and hitting on you. Those athletes approach stuff slowly, so they'll have you on their side when they do try something with you. That's their tactic." He rolls his eyes and gestures to the seat Gabe had been sitting in." He even just asked you on a date."
"The basketball game? That's not a date."
"Yes it is. Its a big deal to girls to get asked to a game by a basket ball player. So to him, him asking you to go to the game was a date." He pauses and squints his eyes at me." And a lot of girls know this, and consider it one too. What do you consider a date? What kind have you been on?"
"Honestly. Movies, dinner, picnics are all what I think of when talking about dates. And I've never been on one." Truth. Daniel never took me anywhere and if we did talk to each other somewhere else than school, it was a coincidence that we saw each other.
"You've never been on a date?" His face goes blank as he looks at my face, never making eye contact. I shake my head and he frowns." You really haven't had a life have you?"
I groan and rub my forehead." Just because I don't date or go out on dates, doesn't mean I haven't had a life. Life isn't al about having someone to worry about. Life isn't having to buy someone a stuffed animal every year. Life isn't about being able to say someone's yours. Life isn't about making out with someone and giving them your all and later just be disappointed that you were so stupid to make that mistake. Life isn't about getting a I love you by someone you go to school with, when neither of you are old enough to really understand the word love. When you all get lust and love mixed up. And let me put a little news flash into your mind Sebastian. Love our age, is just lust. In fact, almost everyone confuses lust with love. So don't judge me. I'm leaving. And hopefully we never speak again." I put my bag over my shoulder and strut out of the library. You did good Asher. You did good.

Sorry guess for updating late, it's been a very chaotic day. An example of the how crazy it's been.. Is how I wrote this chapter, while protesting to get out of the car as a man jacked it up and changed the tire. While also sweating like crazy in the heat because we had to turn the car off. It's all fine now though... Three hours later. I finally got my drawing pencil on the mail today though so that made today a little better.
Question: Do you have any pets?
Yes, I have three actually. One male German shepherd. His name is Hammer because when he was a pup he would always run into things head first and not even process what he did, so because of that his full name is Hammer Head. One is a male cat named Benks. We named him after the black cat from Hocus Pocus because he looks like him but is fluffier considering he's a Persian. Then we have our turtle( don't know if it's a boy or girl) and it's name is Hugo. It was already named that when we got it so I don't know why it's called that.
Interesting fact: Every story I write has a playlist for it. So now I've decided to add the song that I listen to while writing a chapter on that chapter. That's not very interesting so.... I love to read but have never read the Harry Potter series, and I don't think I ever will. Simply because I'm afraid of being disappointed and being the only person saying they didn't like the books when talking about them.
So see you tomorrow hopefully. I might or might not update two times tomorrow because my family is forcing me to go somewhere with them tomorrow. Though hopefully I can persuade them to let me stay home. Keep your fingers crossed that I can stay. See you later my beautiful people and hopefully later is soon.