Chapter ThirtyFour

Okay, where I'm from we use a lot of slang and it comes natural for me to write down what I would say while telling a friend about something that happened to me. So I might've slipped up and used slang in here. And just in case I did... Buggy=shopping cart.

Asher's POV
"Asher!" Hands come down and shake me awake and I groan." Asher! It's important! Wake up!"
Alarm goes through me at the sound of my dads frantic voice and ask,"What? What is it?"
He smiles looking down at me and puts his hands on his hips." Chocolate or vanilla?"
I growl and rub my eyes, the sleepiness I had had long gone from the panic attack he had put me through." For what?"
"Cupcakes. I was going through old pictures the other day and found an old picture of you and your mother making cupcakes. I was wanting to relive that memory but of you and me."
I smile, the annoyance long gone and nod. My fabric covered feet hit the ground and I smile down at my onesie, the blue fur feeling like heaven on my skin." Yeah, let's do it."
He scratched at his jaw and glances behind him before saying,"We have to go to the store and get the stuff first."
I shrug and get up off the bed, stretching my limbs out as sounds of my bones cracking fill the room." Okay. Let's go."
He smiles slightly at me and gestures to my onesie." And your going to go into a store as a monster?"
"Not just as any monster. As Sullivan. And I see no problem with it. I'm sure those workers need something to cheer them up this late at night."
"It's eleven a clock."
"That's late for me old man."
He rolls his eyes as he shrugs his shoulders, looking at my onesie." If you're fine with it than I am too." He ruffles my hair and walks out the door, me soon following behind his footsteps. It's been a while since I've been in a kitchen, much less ate a cupcake.
"So we're going to make both. Vanilla and chocolate cupcakes! And we're going to make pretty little designs on them! And put sprinkles on them! And, and-"
"How about lets just wait until we get to the store to plan out what we want to do?" Dad grabs his shoes and slips them into his feet at the door and opens it with his free hand." It rained while you were asleep. I'd get somethings to cover those feet."
"Why would I do that when you can just carry me around everywhere?"
He begins to protest but I jump onto his back, causing him to grunt before walking us out of the house and shutting the door behind us." You're such a child Asher."
"I know."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/---------------/-----------------------
"Oreo cupcakes? That's a thing?"
"Of course it is." I tell dad as I grab two packs of Oreos and stack it on top the other stuff for cupcake making." They're really good."
"I say so....." He lets out a chuckle as I raise back up and glances behind me." It's funny watching everyone's reactions."
"I say so......" I smile at him, copying his own words and begin our journey to the front of the store. It's in between a gas station and grocery store. It has good inside but only a few varieties , and thankfully cupcake ingredients is one of the varieties." They're probably more focused on why a man in all black and covered in tattoos is hanging out with a girl in a Sullivan onesie."
He smirks and looks around as he pushes the buggy." You want inside?"
I nod my head and he comes over and helps me inside of the buggy, and moves stuff out of my way so I can sit down." Now I feel like a full four year old. Now I just need to throw a tantrum."
"Which, how you've been acting lately, is very likely." I roll my eyes and lean against the back of the buggy and prop my feet on the side." I remember one time you threw one with me at a store once. You wanted this action figure and I knew your mother would kill me if I didn't buy you the dollhouse she wanted, so I told you no. You got the action figure and threw it at me then try to eat a toy soldier. You got an action figure for Easter instead of the doll house..." I snort back a laugh as he smiles slightly at me, remembering the day as if it wasn't a chaotic and messy one.
"Still sounds like something I'd do." I lay my arm across my knees and lay my head on my arm as we pull up to a checkout, us being the first to make it meaning we don't have to wait a line like the other people at other checkouts.
"Did you find everything alright?" Dad nods and I intense slightly as I try to place the voice from somewhere." We have a five for five deal on chips and candies right now."
"No thank you."
I turn towards the worker and smile at him." Kevin!"
He glances up from the item he's checking and his eyes fall into mine before going over my onesie, amusement touching his eyes as he looks at the face on the top." Asher?"
"You two know each other?"
I nod at dad and look back at Kevin." Yeah, he's Hana's replacement. My new best friend."
Dad squints at Kevin, who smiles awkwardly and slowly passes an item onto the scanner- not looking away from dad." Your the boy that was with her after school today." Kevin nods and dad adds,"69. What a number. Is there a reason behind it? Usually athletes have a reason behind their numbers."
Kevin gulps and I roll my eyes." Dad stop. We all know what 69 means, and I don't see why it matters if he purposely did it or what."
"It matters because this boy, have the 69 jacket to you. And I had to let you wear it because it a was raining and cold. And how in the fuck did you learn what it meant? Did he tell you?"
"No. Social media did. And don't cuss at me. I have Christian ears."
Dad squad at me and asks," Are you even a Christian?"
"Hard question. Considering I've never been introduced into the world of religion, I have no idea where I stand. But that's not the point. The point is, that your over exaggerating."
"To be honest sir, I did joke about the number at my old school. But it does have great meaning to me. My mother passed away on June the ninth."
Dad face goes blank and he glances at me." Well.... Kevin? I'm sorry to hear that. Just never give the jacket to my daughter again, I don't like the image it gives her."
"Understood sir." Kevin says and scans the last item which has been sitting there since dad began his store tantrum." That'll be thirty two dollars and sixty seven cents."
Dad reaches into his pocket and grabs out a fifty heifer handing it over to Kevin." Keep the change as a tip for being my daughters new friend. She needs one right now."
Kevin smiles and nods at dad, counting out the change." I don't need a tip for being Asher's friend. It's enough of an award by itself."
I smile as dad lifts an eyebrow and looks in between us." If you two are dating and are keeping it away from me, I'm kicking both of your asses for lying to me. Then kicking yours again for dating my daughter."
Kevin laughs, a nervous edge to it even though he had done nothing wrong." Just friends sir."
"Actually that's a lie." Dad turns to me, as does Kevin- who's gone still with panic in his eyes." We're best friends."
Dad rolls his eyes and grabs the bags before laying them inside the buggy." You just about got your best friend killed Asher. And I don't think he'd appreciate that."
"He wouldn't." Kevin adds in and smiles at me, which I return." He'd like to live another day."
"Of course you would, considering you have the bestest friend in the whole wild world."
Sorry guys for this chapter being so late. I thought I published it along with the first chapter to my art book but I didn't and I'm just now realizing that. I'm super tired but I might write another chapter tonight of Asher and her father making the cupcakes to make it up to you guys.
Question: who would you have a crush on if the characters were in real life?( feel free to answer this as well in the comments)
Kevin. No question about it. I love the gum piercings, I'm actually persuading my parents to let me get one right now, and I live goofy/fun yet attractive people. It's just my thing. And a weird thing about me a I like both the bad boy and nerdy look, so pretty much every character is have a small crush on. Sebastian's face, not his attitude.
Interesting fact: I'm very forgetful and have a tendency to lose things. Like yesterday, my drawing own had finally came into the mail and I lost it last night and didn't find it until later today.
Please comment, vote, and keep reading and maybe I'll be seeing you all again very soon.(Considering we all may have different time zones, I'd just like to say that if it's late where your at please don't mess up your sleeping schedule- especially if you have school/ to read this. I'll try my best to get it up in like an hour from now at most)