Chapter TwentySeven

Asher's POV
The party is both how I expected and what I didn't expect. Every now and then the host will get on dance floor and say hello to everyone again, and people will come up and sing. It's mostly everyone talking and drinking though. Dad has went off somewhere, being pulled off by friends of his countless of times and this time wandering around before coming back. Mom has been chatting with the girls, meaning I'm with the girls and having to hear everything the discuss. I've decided their all sex and boy addicts. I put on another coat of my lipstick, using a spoon to make sure I do it right and lay it back down and put the lipstick into moms purse. She gives me a small smile before diving back into the conversation and I groan. I stand up out of the chair, siding out all the wrinkles that formed in my dress from sitting, and slide the chair back in before going to the chocolate fountain. No ones even touched the poor thing. Well, they're was this one man who had gotten some chocolate covered strawberries. Creeps. They all want to talk to each other instead of eating an entire fountain of chocolate? Losers...
I grab a stick with chocolate covered strawberries and pop one I to my mouth, getting chocolate on my fingertips. I go the next one and see the reflection of someone behind me in the silver part of the fountain.
"And who may this beautiful lady be?"
I wipe the corners of my mouth before turning to come face to face with a handsome man in a white suit. He looks at me seriously, his chin reaching my nose and pus his hands in his pockets." Me?"
"Yeah. What's your name?"
"Um...." I look at him skeptically and he smirks,
"That's okay. I like a little mystery. So what are you doing over here all by yourself? You're to pretty to be wandering off alone."
"Eating and why?"
"Hmm...." He leans his head over and inspects me from head to toe." You're sassy. I like it. Very good characteristic to have. And as for why. There's a lot of men around here. All of which who wouldn't think twice about luring a beautiful young girl like you father away from everyone."
I nod slowly and wipe my fingers on a napkin from the pile beside the fountain." Which is why I should be getting away from you." I slip past him, him turning in a circle and watching me as I pass the girls table and begin to search for my father. No creeps will bother me if I'm around him. I scan the crowd and get a glimpse of his tattooed hand and walk towards him, pushing through people until I make it to him. He gives me a small smile and drinks a shot before laying the empty glass on the counter against the wall.
He glances past me and frowns slightly." We seemed to have gone off in the wrong foot. My name is Blade, and I was wondering if you would like to share a dance with me."
Dad squints at him and I look between the two." And why do you want this dance?" Dad asks him suspiciously and I squint at Blade. He runs a hand over his gelled back hair and scratches at the dark shirt beard he was on his jaw.
"Well, she was standing all alone just a couple of minutes ago and I thought she would want some company. "
"Hmmm..." Dad says and folds his arms over his chest." One dance. If she agrees to it."
Blade takes my hand, smiling at dad and begins to lead us away to the middle of the floor." You like dancing don't you?"
"Slow dancing? No. I suck at it. And I don't remember saying i'd dance with you."
"I'll teach you." He says and glances at me before stopping. He squints at me, looking at my eyes then my hair." You look familiar. Have we talked before?"
"No, and what do you mean talked?"
He smiles, seeming happy that we hadn't meet before and takes a step closer to me." By talked, I mean make a deal. What do you do? Pole,street, maybe something else?"
"What are you even talking about?"
He frowns and glances around before looking back at me." Honey, your owner's not bear you don't have to play dumb. What does he pay you? I bet I could pay more, I could get you more clients as well. I have many regular customers who like newbies."
"What the fuck dude? Are you calling me a prostitute or something?"
"Do what are you then? BDSM?"
My mouth falls and I stare at him in anger,disgust, and confusion." Nothing! I do nothing! I'm an innocent girl at a party with her father. And the only thing he pays me is my allowance or lunch money for school. Whatever deal your trying to give me, I'm not interested. I don't feel like becoming a whore." I bring my foot up and stomp on his foot, feeling something snap under the heels and a squeak of pain come out of him before he raised his leg and holds his foot." Watch who you're talking to."
I turn away from him and strut back to my father, who's watching me with a smirk." Good job out there Asher. A lot of girls don't have control over a pimp trying to make a deal with them. A lot are tricked into it."
"You knew he was a freak? And decided to let me go?"
"He's a pimp. A hurt pimp now but that isn't the point. And yes, I let you go. I was watching the entire time just in case he tried anything but it was a test. From now on, I'm going to be testing you with situations like this. You passed this one but they will get harder over time... They're not really tests but things that you will be introduced to when in the street fighting world."
"Whatever." I say and grab the shot he got from the bar tender and sit it aside." Moms wasted already and I don't feel like driving after walking everywhere in these heels. So that means your going to have to drive us home... Sober."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/---------------/---------------------
Xavier's POV
The headlights of Blade's truck flashes behind the blinds of the gang house Windows and I get up and unlock the door before going back and sitting on the couch. He makes it in slowly and winced as he sits down beside of me, his eyes flashing of pain when taking a step." A rough lay? Or what?"
He rolls his eyes and shakes his head." No, broken toe. I had to leave the party early and go to a medic because a girl snapped my toe."
I raise my eyebrows as he stretches back and glance down at his foot to see it shoeless with a wrap around his big toe." Why?"
"I made the mistake of thinking an innocent girl was a seller looking for a company. She got very offended and next thing I know her heel is snapping my toe in half."
I laugh even though I wish he had gotten the girl. I practically stole the one newbie, who's been staying at the gang house but she's been getting to clingy. I don't like clingy." What'd she look like?"
"You would of loved her. She had brown curled hair, a beautiful face, big boobs and butt, was tall and the dress she was wearing did wonders with those features." He sighs and rubs a hand over his face." It had straps and was black and white. The top was black which made her boobs seem even greater and the rest was a white lace."
I freeze momentarily at the description and look at him with squinted eyes." Was she with a man in a white button down shirt with tattoos all over him? And was she sassy?"
He blinks at me a couple of times and asks,"How did you know?"
"Because she my friend was Asher. The girl who made the big scene in the mall. Who I have to be friends with in my mission."
Guys I'm so sorry I did this late. It's just I hadn't been able to get on the phone all day and I'm just now am getting on it for the first time today. Please don't be mad. So how was this chapter? I'm half way awake so my judgment is t at its best right now so I don't know what I think of it.
Question: Favorite class in school?
Art.
Interesting fact: My art project that supposed to symbolize me is a hulk/Shrek drawing who's reading a book with a sunset behind him. Maybe I'll put a picture of it up tomorrow. It's cool though and I'm proud of how it turned out.
See you soon and hopefully you don't hate me over this chapter. I'm going to force myself to have at least a chapter of 2678 words tomorrow so it should be longer.
Views- 985