Chapter TwentyNine

Asher's POV
"Asher wake up honey. You have an hour and a half until school." Dad shakes my shoulder and my eyes open, the gunk of old eyeliner making my eyes sting and feel nasty." You look like a clown right now. As does my pillow."
I groan and stretch out my arms and raise out of bed." Where's the shower? And what am I going to wear?"
"You're mother dropped of some clothes for you to wear. They're inside the bathroom, and it's the first door to the left when you walk out of here. I'll be downstairs if you need me." He pats me in the back before exiting his room and quietly shutting the door behind him.
I get off the bed and stretch out my limbs again and decide to just do some squats, push ups, and sit ups today. Who cares about my schedule right now. I do twenty five squats making sure to make each one slow and long so the burn will start faster. I do twenty push ups, lifting myself as high as I can go and how low I can make it. I roll over into my back and begin to raise up, doing these fast and doing forty of them. I count inside my head with each one, and going back a few numbers sometimes to have to do more." You work out in the mornings?"
I jump slightly and glance up back at dad who has two steaming cups in his hands." Jesus you gave me a heart attack. And yes I do. I usually have a schedule but I decided to just go random this morning."
"What do you usually do?" He hands me a cup and I look down at the light vanilla coffee.
"Sit ups, crunches, lunges, push ups, pull ups, squats, and I sometimes go and practice with the punching bag a couple of times."
"Then that's why you've been way better at my exercises.... Start doing some stretches to get more flexible. That's something you need to get better on. Opens up a lot of possibilities with fighting as well." He drinks his hot coffee, not even flinching when the steaming liquid touches him and takes a big gulp of it.
"I'm going to go take a shower and don't touch my coffee. I'm going to let it cool down then drink it." He rolls his eyes and I get up off the floor and sit it on the nightstand beside the table." I'll start doing that by the way." I tell him before walking out and going into the left room where the shower is. I really feel like doing nothing. It's just so peaceful here and it makes me want to read a book at a window as I look out to the forest that surrounds dad house. I feel like I'm in one of those honeymoon places you see in romance movies. Minus the romance and movie part.
I turn the knobs of the shower, experimenting with them to get just the right temperature and strip down before getting into the shower. School, I'm not ready to face you but I'm coming anyways.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/------------------/---------------------

I leave my hair down in it's natural waves and put on some mascara and take one last look at me. I look different, that's definitely for sure. I've actually looked different for the past week. Usually I'd put my hair up in a bun and just wear sweatpants with a school T-shirt or cardigan, maybe even both. Maybe that's what is causing all my problems. Trying. Well not really trying since they've all mostly been what my mom picked out....
I put Chapstick on and stick it in my pocket before leaving out the bathroom, into dads room where my coffee still sits. I grab it and the book bag mom had dropped off as well and go downstairs. The smell of bacon fills the bottom half of the house and the sound of sizzling and pans clashing comes from the kitchen as I walk in. Dad stands at the oven, frying bacon while stirring scrambled eggs at the same time. I roll my eyes before hitting the bowl from him and mixing it better before pouring it into frying pan dad has sitting on a burner with cooking spray on it. I take the bottoms of the eggs, getting the cooked eggs off the bottom until all of them are done and it's scrambled eggs. I grab the pepper and put some on top of them along with salt and turn that burner off." You're welcome old man."
"I perfectly had that under control." He says defensively and I roll my eyes." But thanks. Will you get two plates out? And fill you up a cup of whatever you want and me some apple juice."
"Can you repeat this last two words?"
He looks at me seriously and says,"Apple juice."
I snort under my breath and rub at my face." Apple juice is something you can't say seriously... Along with bubbles." I open up the refrigerator and get out the apple juice and pour us both a glass and set it back inside before taking the cups to the table. Dad brings the bacon and sits six slices on my plate and eight on his and places the frying pan into the sink before bringing the eggs. He doesn't put that much into mine considering I'm not a fan of eggs and puts the rest on his plate." Why'd you make breakfast?"
"I noticed you never had a proper breakfast while going to school so I decided to make you one. Plus I haven't cooked in a little while and I don't want to become rusty. Though I didn't know that you didn't know how to make breakfast. Why don't you make your own in the mornings?" He takes a seat and I take one as well.
"Because I don't have time to and I'm not going to take away from my tumblr and phone time to make breakfast." I take a piece of bacon and stick in my mouth, ignoring the weird taste the mint flavor in my mouth gives it. I glance at my coffee and the apple juice and shrug before chugging the coffee and going back to eating.
"Good point I guess. What's tumblr?"
"Like Pinterest but way better. And not for middle aged people like yourself. " I take a drink of my apple juice and sit it back down, going for the eggs this time." Oh and can I have ten dollars?"
"Of course. I always give you money don't I? And Mr.Raves wants to know when your going to be coming back to class and he says you still have kept up the streak of getting ninth five percent and higher on assignments. He also said there was a test today."
"I'm going to classes today. Mrs. Connie is getting some more stuff over the weekend and I'm going to start doing stuff after school with her. I should get my car back by Monday right?"
He nods and answers,"Yeah it's actually been fixed for a day now but I haven't got around to getting it. We'll get it after school today. Hana called last night while you were sleeping.. I didn't know what to say so I told her I'd tell her you called. You can't be mad at her over sleeping with someone Asher. It's human nature."
"I'm not mad at her for that. I'm mad at her keeping something from me but that's not the main reason. It's what she told me, or shall I say yelled at me, when I tried to warn her. It's was innocent. I told her to just make sure she's careful. And what did she say? She said that she has a life to and she wants to be able to do other things like I do. When I never stopped her from doing anything. We only spent time with each other after school like four times a week. I never stopped her from doing anything. I guarantee half the time she hung out at the house, it wasn't for me but to see you because she's had the biggest crush on you forever."
"Asher." Dad says sternly and looks me in the eyes." I don't care about stuff like that okay? That's business between you and her. And it's perfectly normal for a girl or woman to be attracted to me. I mean look at me. But I don't want you ending a friendship over stuff like that."
"Dad. I was staying on night with Hana that night right? Meaning she went into that house thinking I was there. Meaning she didn't care about my presence.
Meaning I'm not going to care about her presence anywhere."
"Then who are you going to hang out with Asher? Hana was your only friend."
"I'll just go friendless. Which shouldn't be so hard considering I never really had one all this time."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/-------------/-----------------------
People glance at me as I pass them and some snicker, making jokes about the school nerd. If only they knew I could kick their butts with no problem. I smile to myself as I go down my hallway but that quickly washes away when I see Sebastian at his locker, hood halfway up and keeping his eyes to the ground. I tense as he glances up at me and stares as I pass by and walk into Mr. Raves class.
"Welcome back Asher!" I hear an excited deep voice say and I turn to see the man running towards me with open arms." It's been torture hearing the things that these kids think are answers!" He wraps his arms around me and whispers,"I need you to go copy something for me. They got a new copier and I don't how to use it."
I roll my eyes and pat his arm, feeling the heated gaze by the girls on me and sit my book bag on his desk." Yes sir. No problem."
He smiles and goes to his desk, grabbing a thick packet from the top of his printer and reaching it to me." Work your magic young one."
I smile and nod before walking out the classroom, sighing in relief when I see Sebastian's no longer at his locker, and go into the office where the new printer sits. I pause looking at all of its touch screen options and shiny buttons and begin to click things. I lay the first part of the packet in the printer and press the tip back down on it and press print. It makes a beeping noise before papers begin to come out of the side into the tray. I keep my eyes off the packet, knowing it's our test, and look out the window that sits beside the shelf of printing paper. A chipmunk runs across the grass to a tree with a nut in its mouth and scrambles up the tree with no problem. I look down at the birds that swarm a biscuit someone had dropped this morning, making awful noises and sometimes peaking at each other to get a piece. Savages...
"Asher?"
I jump up startled and take a few steps away from them when I see who it is. Sebastian stands in front of me, a hall pass in hand, and his hood all they way up." Get the hell away from me."
"No,no. Asher I'm not her to harass you or annoy you. I'm hear to apologize. Just listen." He takes a step towards me and tries to grab at my arm but I take a step back and smack it away. He sighs and raises his hands up in the air." I get it. I was to.... Possessive and demanding. Perverted at times . And I'm here to apologize. I wish I didn't have to get knocked out and have my masterpiece ruined to come to my senses but it did. Just listen to what I have to say okay?" He goes on without a reply from me and takes down his hoodie. I freeze at the sight of his left eye which is purple and black all the way around and at the gigantic bruise that sits on his jaw. He looks... Vulnerable." I want to start over. A second chance. But this time just as friends as first and then once you realize I'm not that bad of a guy, you'll consider going out with me."
"No."
His shoulders sag and he places his hands on my shoulders, keeping his face back just in case I think of swinging at him and looks into my eyes." Just as friends. I'm really sorry. I just saw you with Gabriel, at how he was so close to you and how you'd never let me near you like that. I saw red. I was mad at everything and was aiming at anything closest to me. That's a bad way to solve things, I know, but that's what reaction I was raised with seeing. Please? A second chance? I won't make any moves or even flirt with you. I just need to be around you even though you nearly gave me a concussion." He smiles slightly and looks down at the ground,rubbing his jaw." You sure hit hard... I think I was in for more than I thought when I agreed to training you."
I freeze as he takes off his hand and looks at me like a normal human being. His eyes filled with sorrow and guilt instead of the hunger and strangeness that are usually in his eyes when he sees me." Why should I forgive you?"
He clears his throat and smiles slightly at me, straightening up fully." You should forgive me because Everybody makes mistakes... Everybody has those days... 1 2 3 4!Everybody makes mistakes... Everybody has those days... Everybody knows what what I'm talkin' 'bout... Everybody gets that way... [x2]
Sometimes I'm in a jam. I've gotta make a plan.It might be crazy.I do it anyway.No way to know for sure.I'll figure out a cure.I'm patchin' up the holes.But then it overflows.If I'm not doin' to well.Why be so hard on my self?
Nobody's Perfect!I gotta work it!
Again and again 'til I get it right.Nobody's Perfect!You live and you learn it!And if I mess it up sometimes...Nobody's perfect!" He spreads his arms and wiggles his fingers." Spirit fingers. Drop the mic."
"What the hell was that Mr. Devins?"
We both look at Mr. Raves as he stands at the doorway, folding arms and I smile threatening to come to his lips as they shake. Sebastian freezes and I smirk. He clears his throat and turns fully to Mr.Raves." My apology song to Asher here. Do you think I deserve a second chance? And as a side note, these bruises are from her punching me in the face."
Raves chuckles and puts his hands to his sides." Yeah she has to forgive you. Any boy willing to go through that song really wants your forgiveness Asher. Plus I'll give you ten extra bonus points on your test if you tell him you forgive him. That's it. Just that you forgive him."
"Fine." I grumble out and place the second sheet into the printer and begin to copy it." But don't talk to me during lunch. And just because I forgive you doesn't mean your my friend. You have to earn that. Starting with leaving the office."
He smiles brightly and pulls me into a hug and quickly hops away like I'm on fire." Sorry! I'll see you later I have to go! I've been gone to the bathroom for ten minutes now. They probably think I have explosive diarrhea or something." He runs out the door leaving me and Raves in the office, watching after him.
"I've never seen this off of that boy before. Usually he's trying feed my fish pencil lead and sitting papers on fire when I'm around him." He looks at me, looking over me from top to bottom to top again." You've got the boy whipped Asher."
I growl an sort the papers I have so far and copy the third page of the packet and put my hand on my hip." Papers will be done in ten minutes."
"Doesn't matter. First three classes are longer today. And thanks Asher for copying those. Come get me if that boy comes and annoys you again. If hate for that other eyes of his get swelled shut as well." He shakes his head looking at me in awe." Who knew you had something like that in you. Now I'm going to think twice before teasing you about things."
I roll my eyes and fold my arms over my chest." No, those were just self defense. He was made at Gabriel, I interfered and a punch was thrown at me."
"And when did all this go down?"
"Yesterday at the library during lunch. You should go in there sometime by the way. I have it looking pretty. Well me and Xavier..."
Raves nods and gives me a small smiles." Will do. And please don't beat anybody else up. Who else would print my papers when I don't know how to use something?"
I roll my eyes and take the their sheet and put the forth in the copier." I know. What would you do without me Raves? Imagine next year when I'm a senior."
"I'll go to whatever classroom you're in and drag you out Asher. Now hurry with those papers. I want to see the life drain out of those poor children's eyes when I show them the test they're taking." He that circles around and walks out the office, his footsteps echoing in the hallway as he makes weird noises.
I roll my eyes and say," Biggest child I've ever met."
"I heard that!" He yells causing me to laugh silently as I get the printed sheets of papers. Two more to go.
How was it guys? This chapter was actually 3026 words long so it's longer than the last ones but I think I can make the next one longer, what do you guys think? And as my math teacher always says after explains a problem " Any comments, questions, thoughts, or concerns". I'd also like to thank you guys for leaving such nice comments and being along this journey with me. And replies. RenikeMightys I love you too and your welcome for updating, though I should be thanking you for reading me updates. ChantelPruitt I'll put some drama with Hana in soon for you, and it's going to be epic. I'm going to try and make it happen when you least expect it so.. Be ready. And thanks to everyone who has ever voted, commented, or read a chapter of mine. You're all important to me and don't forget that. If nobody else has told you today, I love you.( A thing one of my teachers would always tell the class in sixth grade)
Question: How often do you think of this story?
At least three times every hour. Like I'll be in the middle of a class and will remember something and starting laughing and smiling, sometimes even getting frustrated at a character. I also always get ideas for the story as well when I'm doing something, and I have a bunch of school work that has story ideas on them a
or something. I also have an obsession for unusual names so when I hear any strange and cool word in a class( mostly science or geography) I'll wrote it down and base a character off that word. So I'm always thinking about this story. Life of a wrote I guess.
Interesting fact: My entire school life, I had never changed schools or anything. Like from head start to eighth grade, I had been in the same building, in the same school, the entire time. And it was a little weird going to a different school and building for high school. I wasn't used to having to have to learn a new school and its wings, so that was new to me when going to highschool this year. It's fun though. Like today we had battle of the classes. Seniors wore black, juniors blue, sophomore grey, and freshman white. During class the principal would get on the intercom and announce something for us to do and who ever delivered whatever they asked for first, got points. Like literally we could be taking an essay and when that intercom came on and they asked for a crazy sock, or a sticky note with the word cake on it, a student would jump up and grab whatever they asked for and run down the halls to the principals office just to give it to them. We had to search for a Pokemon that was hidden in the school today for some points as well. So I guess you could say my school keeps you on your toes. Any of you have something to say about your highschool or school? Maybe a crazy memory? I'd love to hear them.
See you later my lovelies and hopefully I can update three times again this weekend. Because you all are awesome and you deserve it!
Updating tomorrow.