Chapter FortyEight

Three days later..
Asher's POV
"So you decided on..."
"Homeschool until I don't have to rely on the wheelchair hardly anymore and physical therapy throughout the whole journey. Only on Saturdays and Tuesday's though."
Dad nods to me and smiles slightly." It's nice to hear your voice again. Though it sounds like you've smoked since you've came out of the womb."
"Thanks dad."
"Your welcome." He moves my hair slightly and looks at the stitches that lay at the sort of my hairline." It's starting to scab over slightly, it'll start itching really bad."
"It already has."
"That must suck." He says and takes a seat into my bed, careful not to touch my leg." How's your ankle?"
"Healed. Can't say much for the other leg."
"I see you have more stuffed animals over there. And a lot in the garbage. Why'd you do that? And more importantly, how?"
"I had a visitor and he'd throw away the stuffed animals from people I didn't like or who mistreated me."
"That was nice of him. But who is this HE?"
"That guy from when I came here for the head injury. He visited me after seeing his friend."
"Was he the one that made you pull that one stitch?"
"It didn't get pulled out, just almost and yes. That's him."
He frowns slightly and looks down at his hands." Well, it was nice of him to keep you company while I wasn't here."
I squint at him and watch him very intensely," Are you high or something? Normal Richard would have told me to not let him back in and ran to go find this guy."
"That's old Richard. This Richard realized that your seventeen now and are old enough to take care of yourself. I've decided not to be as hard on you as I have been, considering I don't anything like this," he gestures to me laying on the bed," happens again. I want you to be happy and a teenager with a father that overreacts over everything, isn't happy."
"Thanks dad. Though the problem really isn't of me dating people but you not trusting me."
"True. I think there's a lot of things I need to work on."
"I'm not going to lie and say that's untrue."
He smiles slightly and pats my hand,"Your mother should be here in less than five minutes, don't do anything that can hurt you again okay baby?" I nod, smiling slightly at the nickname dad has given me while staying here. I feel spoiled, but i like it.
"Okay dad." He smiles slightly and kisses me on the forehead before walking out of my hospital room.
I sigh and grab my drawing book before finishing the sketch Xavier and I had started together. In that moment, I had been happy and things were normal. It's weird that I'm finishing it in a moment totally opposite. I carefully add shading to the picture with my bruised fingers, the pain making my eyes tear up slightly. The nurses said that my fingers hurt just as much as they would if I had broken them, but this pain will only last about couple of weeks. They're slowly disappearing but the soreness is still there and having to press them against a paper isn't a pleasant experience. I sight as I shade the last of the picture, and go back over it some with a pencil.(the media) I sit the pencil down and lay the sketchbook on the table beside me, having nothing else to do. I've already been on every social media that I have just this morning, meaning I have nothing else to do. A knock comes at the door and a wait as it opens, questioning how this will be its my mom. The only memory I have of her at the hospital with me, is all cloudy from the amount of pain killers they had me on.
"You awake?" I tense slightly at the sound of the mans/boys??voice and look up to see X coming around the corner, two book bags in his arms.
I nod and watch as he comes over to the chair beside me, wondering what mom will do when she sees the stranger in here.
He glances at me before saying,"I've brought you some surprises. To not make this place such a drag." He throws the book bag on to the floor and opens it, pulling out a blanket looking thing and smiles before standing back up." You'll like this." He removers the hospital from me, exposing my ugly hospital dress and slips the both of my feet into the blanket and slowly raises it up to my stomach. I squint before laughing at the small little mermaid tale blanket, making a worried expression come to his face.
"I can laugh. My stitches are starting to scab over."
He nods and looks at me with an odd expression on his face." You can talk now?" I nod and he smiles slightly." Good. Now I get to hear that beautiful little voice of yours." He turns and goes into the bag before pulling out a bing bag pillow. He lifts my head slightly and moves the hospital pillow before laying my head onto it." I washed these before bringing them to you so you'll forever smell Butterfly Kiss."
"Is that really what the scent was called?"
"One hundred percent." He reaches into the front pocket of the book bag and pulls out a night light." I know it looks childish but, when you plug it in it makes you room look galaxy. Which I've tested, and helps you sleep. After you stop staring at the stars for an hour or so...." I laugh slightly and he smiles slightly before reaching into the next backpack." And this m'lady, is books to keep you entertained." He lays it on my bed before sliding out ten books, all still having the tags on them and shining covers." Sci Fi, fantasy, teen fiction, adventure, and no romance."
My eyes sting slightly as I look at everything he's brought, before everything slowly started to get blurry from the tears." You didn't have to do this. You shouldn't had spent your money on me."
He wipes my cheek slightly, sure to not let the tears touch the stitches and lightly touch the skin where the bruise sit." Don't say that. The only thing I'll allow you to say about this is a simple thank you, and you don't even have to say that. I've checked on you a couple of times and always have had the same image, if you being bored out of your mind or crying from the pain. I don't want to see you like that, I want you to be happy and not feel like your doomed here. Okay?"
"Why are you being so nice to me? I'm a stranger."
"You may be a stranger but your in need of a friend right now. I want to be that friend okay? I don't like seeing such a pretty girl like you feeling depressed. Reminds me to much of my mother, and honestly this is my chance to make me feel more at piece with the situation."
"Your mothers also in the hospital?"
"No, she's dead."
"Then what happened to her?"
"Maybe another time."
I nod and look down at the little mermaid tale and smile." Thank you. For everything."
"Your welcome Asher. Now, let's tend to these gifts."
"Let's keep the chocolates this time. I can actually eat solid food now."
He nods and takes his leather jacket before going over to the stuffed animals." Okay. Edward Mills?"
"Nope."
"Jasmine Youth?"
"Yeah she's nice."
"Kaitlin Rose?"
"No."
"Sebastian Cole Devins?"
"Hell no, burn that thing."
"I take it you don't like him?" I shake my head furiously and he chuckles under his breath before throwing it into the trash." Daniel-"
"No. Don't keep the chocolates. They might be drugged."
"Xavier Samuels?"
"Keep."
He sits it back onto the table and I smile at the bear that wear a inflatable crown with a silly string canon its arms. Dork.
He lifts an eyebrow at me and I partially blush realizing I just said that out loud." Your a very good friend, who also gives out amazing nicknames. Dork, it just speaks to me you know?"
"You'd get it if you knew the reasoning behind those things. He probably just did it to run in my face that he got more points than me..." I squint slightly and say," The sassy pants."
He smirks slightly before moving to the next one." Still keep that Hana girls?" I nod and he moves to the next one." Richard?"
"Keep."
"That's all of them." He says and packs all the things to me. Setting the chocolates on the table beside me and the stuffed animals throughout the sitting places surrounding me. He picks up the books and slides them into the book bag before sliding it next to me on the floor. He lays the chocolates in my lap and I smile greedily at them.
"Wants some? Because if you don't grab some right fast, I'm going to inhale them."
He lifts his eyebrows but says nothing before opening up a box and grabbing a hand full. I reach for one of the Caramels and make sure to chew it up until it's nearly liquid before swallowing it down. I might be able to eat solid foods, but they're allowing me peaches and pineapples so I still need to make sure it doesn't mess with me stomach after the surgery." I'd marry whoever first discovered chocolate."
He smiles and stay," To bad their dead."
"Don't rain on my parade."
"To late." He says and glances over at my table." Has being trapped in the hospital made you addicted to relationships?" I squint and he picks up the drawing pad." The couple, and you wanting to already marry someone."
My neck heats up and I hold up a finger as I chew and swallow down a piece of chocolate." No, it was an art project I never did get to finish.... I say my partner had to do it by himself after...."
He nods and asks," What grade are you in?"
"Junior and Senior. I'm a junior but am also taking senior classes."
"Cool beans." I smile slightly as he looks at the drawing and wipes his fingers into his jeans,already had eaten his chocolate." Can I look at them?"
"Why not."
He flips the page and I look down to see it one of my eyes doodles. A knock on the door comes and we both look up to watch as mom comes in behind a group of nurses." It's time for your daily dose." One says as she brings the needle filled with pain medicine and I see mom frowns as she looks between me and the needle. Maybe next visit mom. I nod and the nurse comes to my side and sticks the needle into my IV and squirts the liquid inside.
I move over slightly, just now noticing the aching that has come to my body. I guess I've been so distracted that I haven't noticed it until now. I look over at Xavier to see him watching them all closely until their no longer in the room." You act like their plotting to kill me."
"They might be. Girls can get beyond a certain level of jealously once they see your beauty, even when bruised over."
"Aww." Mom says in the back ground and he jumps slightly, now noticing her." That was cute. I'm glad Asher's found a little friend." She smiles at the two of us, a familiar glint in her eyes." I'll leave you two, and hope that next time I won't come when they drug my daughter. I swear I believe they wait until they see me coming down the hallway to get those needles out." She waves at me and blows me a kiss." Mommy loves you. I'll be back later today okay?"
"Love you too and okay."
She smiles before walking out of the room, a sadness in her eyes once she looks down at the ground. It must be hard not getting to see your daughter. And when you do get the chance she's drugged up.
"Your family's cute."
"Thanks I guess."
"Your welcome." He says and flips to a blank sheet of paper in the sketch pad." And don't worry, I'll watch over your chocolate as your asleep."
"And by watch over you don't mean with your eyes but your stomach?"
"Exactly." He says and grabs one of the small boxes of chocolates and sits it in his lap." Have sweet dreams princess."
"You totally said that on purpose didn't you?" I ask as my eyes begin to droop and my body begins to get calm.
"Yes, and only because you'll pass out before you can reach me."
I close my eyes and smile slightly," Bully."
"Does that mean you'll throw away my stuffed animals and books away?"
"No, there mine now. And if I ever throw books away you can bet that I'm dying in this hospital bed."
"Noted. Though I wouldn't let you die in here."
"No one can fight death, you can only tease him."
"Well I'd surely try if he was to come after you. Now go to sleep. I'll save you a couple pieces of chocolate."
I let the calmness take over me, as sleep approaches and mumble,"Eat all my chocolate and I'll kill you."
"If you do, wear something pretty. I want to see an angel as I leave this world."

How was it guys? Scale one to ten? And what do you think was the cutest moment of this chapter or any chapter? Tell me I the comments.
Question: what's your favorite kind of burger?
I tried one like two days ago, and honestly I love pizza burgers. They're awesome,
Interesting fact: I don't like movies or books that take place in the past. Like in the 1500's or 1600's. I dot why, it's just that they bore me to no other and it makes my feminist vines just burn.
So please comment, vote, and keep reading and I will see you soon beautiful people. Oh! And here's Asher's blanket.

 Oh! And here's Asher's blanket