Chapter FiftyNine

Xavier's POV

I wait on Asher in the living room as she gets ready in her room. I crack my knuckles as I anticipate the gang meeting here. They've all seen her and talked about her but haven't spoken to her. I'm also worried about her meeting them. Why? I have no idea. It's just there.
Her dad clears his throat and I look up to see him sitting. In the couch in front of me." She won't be long. She's began to get ready an hour ago."
"It doesn't matter. I can wait." I say and sit all the way back in the couch. He squints at me but nods to himself.
"Your okay Xavier. Your okay." He yawns and takes a hand through his hair." I'm not going to list a of commandments for the rules but I do have a few. Have her back by one. Have her call me when you all begin to come back home and keep an eye out on her. I'll be at the fights tonight so call her mother the first. That's it."
"That's all the rules?"
"Oh, and don't let her do drugs or end up in jail."
"Alcohol?"
"Only wine. And four glasses at most. It's Friday, I might as well let my daughter have a little freedom."
I nod and hear the door close above us, making me stand up and fix the tux that I have on. The sound of footsteps come from the stairs and seconds later she comes down the stairs, the sight of her making my breath to catch in my throat and my heart to pick up speed. I look at the tight form fitting white dress, her hair being curled past her shoulders and her makeup lightly done. She smiles at me, her eyes questioning me. They widen and I tense before feeling the wetness that has come to my cheek. I reach up and wipe away the single tear, sniffling slightly before smiling." You-" I clear my throat and smile at her." You look beautiful."
She blushes and glances over me, making her cheeks turn an even brighter color." You do too."
I smile at her before stepping up to her, forgetting everything but the beautiful creation that stands in front of me. I miss her on her forehead and she snuggles into me, a smile coming to her face as she looks up at me." You ready?" She nods and I give her another kiss onto the lips before taking her hand and looking at her father." Before one am?"
He nods, looking at Asher with awe onto his face, his guard completely forgotten around me. He smiles slightly and looks sadly at the door.
"I'll give you two a minute." I tell him and kiss Asher's hand that sits in mine."'I'll be on the porch."
She smiles and nods as I begin to walk away and go out the front door, noticing the watering of her fathers eyes by now. She smiles at him as I close the door behind me, blocking the view from them totally. I take a deep breath and run my hands over my tux, looking down at the completely black tux with a gold tie. She looks absolutely beautiful. I smile to myself and don't get an yes as my phone behind to ring for the fifth time I've been at her house." Hello?"
"Where are you man? The dinner starts in forty five minutes."
"I'm picking up something. I'll be there shortly." I tell Blade and hang up before I even get an answer from him. I'll worry about being at the dinner on time later. The door opens as I watch as Asher steps out of the house, her eyes slightly watery as she puts on a small smile for me." You ready?"
"Yeah." She takes my hand and yelps when I just begin to carry her bridal style to the car." I think the casts ruin the look."
"I'd hate to see you without them then. Your already making breathing difficult. I'd hate to see what would happen if you was to look even more beautiful."
She smiles at me and leaves a light kiss onto my lips." I love you so much it hurts sometimes."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/-----------/--------------------------

"So. What took you so long?"
"An important package." I say as I grab a drink and out on a dazzling fake smile for Blade.
"The guns come in?"
"No. Something much better." I say and watch as the kids talk to Asher, her sitting down in a chair as they fight for her attention." According to the kids, a princess."
He squints and filled my eyes to Asher, him tensing and looking between the two of us." You finally asked her to come? Why didn't you tell us. The boys would've loved to know she's here."
I shrug and drink the contents before sitting it into the table closest to me." The kids love her don't they?"
We watch as they giggle and point at her casts, some admiring her while others fight for her attention. She laughs when one smacks his twin and begin to make a monkey impression, his curls bouncing around his chubby face." Yeah." We watch as she begins to move her arms along the kids, then now seeming to be playing Simon says." She'd be a great mother. Plan on putting a ring on it?"
"Your making it seem less important than it is. Like it's just an action to put an eternal claim on her."
"Taking that as a yes then. But would you? Right now?"
"We're seventeen."
"And you can get married at sixteen. But you didn't answer my question. But more importantly, do you think you'd propose to her in the future?"
"Yes."
He smiles and sits his shot glass down." I bet it'll be in eight months."
"Why eight months?"
"Hunch." He sticks his hands into his pockets and begins to whistle." I'll go tell the boys she's here. Tiara has been really wanting her to come."
"Tiara wants everyone to come."
He rolls his eyes yet stays silent as he begins to walk away. I sigh and look over at Asher before walking that way. She smiles up at me as the curly haired boy points to her." What's your name?"
" Asher. What's yours?"
"Brandon."
"That's a really cute name."
"Thanks. Yours is pretty like you." He tells her and she smiles brightly as she begins to play with his curls.
"Are you trying to steal my girlfriend from me?"
The little boy smiles and says," She's my girlfriend now."
Asher laughs and one of the little girls frowns. I lift an eyebrow and squat down," Why not one of those little girls?" I point to the blonde one and her eyes widens as the little boys eyes fall onto her.
He leans in and whispers," Cooties."
"Asher and I have cooties as well."
He pouts and frowns at Asher." Oh alright. Which one of you want to be my girlfriend?" The blonde one smiles and he takes her hand." You better not have cooties."
"Cooties is like an STD to them."