Chapter 2 ~ He's a what?

Elena's POV

I check the time. The clock on my phone reads 7:52 am.  "Let's go, Elena. It's time to head to campus." I hear Jess tell me this, though I'm not fully there.

I take one last look at the guy who was staring at me and get up, leaving. Once we get to campus, we head straight to homeroom. As I am about to turn into the classroom, I see the boy who was just staring at me looking at me again. Who the hell is he?

He looks at me one last time and turns into a class. The class he turns into is a sophomore class. What the hell; he's a sophomore?  Well, he's a good looking sophomore. Wait, what? You're a junior, snap out of it!

~*~

The bell rings for third period. Ugh; P.E. Physical Education is neither my best or favorite subject. It has never been. Thank God, it's my last year of this dreadful subject. I enter the gym and see the basketballs out. Greeeaat.  Basketball is the sport that I'm worst at, other than soccer.

"Form two lines opposite sides of the court. We're playing knockout." Coach demanded. I head to the back of the line. I am definitely better at across the court lay-ups. It's my turn next.  Crap.

The girl in front of me hands me the ball. I shoot from the three-point line and it goes in! Everyone cheers me on since I got it in, which is something that doesn't happen often. I smile at all of them and pass the ball to the girl behind me. I run to the back of the line and continue the cycle until I get out.

---

After P.E., the day went by quicker. Sixth period came and went. Now, it's lunchtime. Today's lunch is Teriyaki meatballs. Mmmm, my favorite. I get my lunch and sit down next to Jess and Lex. They're talking about a cute top that Lex saw at the mall, but wasn't in her size. Well, it's something along those lines. I am definitely distracted because the one and only Staring Boy, as I have chosen to call him, is sitting directly across from our table. That's it. I can't take not knowing who this boy is.

"It was the cutest top! And it was on sa-"

I cut Lex off. "Who's that boy sitting behind you?" I ask both of them. "Him? That's Tyler Black. He's a sophomore here. He's also the biggest player slash bad boy there is. You don't want to get involved with him." she warned.

Player? Bad boy? I stare at him and his friends for a little while. Yup, definitely a bad boy. I shouldn't get involved. Staring once again, I watch as a girl comes up to Tyler and wraps her arms around him. Who the hell is she?

Woah Elena, you sound like a jealous ex-girlfriend.

"So, do you want to hang out over Christmas Break? Elena?" I hear someone speaking to me, but my attention isn't there. "Elena!" Lex yells.

"Hmm? Yeah?" I respond halfheartedly. "What are you looking at?" she asks, turning around to see.

"Nothing. So, what were you saying?" I ask quickly, trying to change the topic. "Do you want to hang out..." I block her out for just a second longer. I look at Tyler and the girl draped around him one last time. Finally, I start listening to Lex and Jess.

Lunch ends and we walk out of the cafeteria to throw away our trash. When I get to my seventh period class, Ms. Brittany tells us to take out our U.S. History books. "We will have our test on Tuesday. I suggest you reread the chapter." Ugh, I hate history.

After class ends, I walk with Jess. We see Lex walking by herself and go up to her to keep her company. "I have to write a 5-page essay on the rights for women to vote," she mutters. "Well, that sucks," I respond.

"Elena!" We hear behind us. It was Vickie, one of the girls I've been stuck with since the 3rd grade. She's been super annoying ever since. She can't keep secrets either; in fifth grade, she told Nate Thompson that I liked him! Who the hell does that?

What does she want now?

"Hey, Vickie." I greet her sarcastically.  "Did you hear the Sophomore/Junior Dance is in two months?" Her voice is way too enthusiastic as she speaks.

"No! That's what all these posters are up for? I finally get it!" Jess answers back just as sarcastically as I did. This is why she's my best friend. I laugh softly. Vickie pouts and walks away. Good for her.

"So, speaking of the dance, are you going?" Lex asks me. "I'm not sure. I don't even have a date, or a dress," I reply.

"Who said anything about dates?"

I look at her and roll my eyes. Chuckling, I keep walking. "Elena! I was joking." I chuckle once again when I hear her call out after me. "I know, but I want to go with someone." When I tell her this, she responds. "Okay, Operation 'Find Elena a Date' is on!"

I roll my eyes and shake my head. What does she have in mind now?

"Woah!" Is the last thing I say before someone pulls me to the side.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Hi lovely readers! Who do you think pulled Elena aside? I hope you guys liked this chapter! What do you think of Vickie? Do you like her or not?

While I'm editing this right now, it's the NBA Finals. The Cavaliers and Golden State are playing. Not really a basketball fanatic, but I'll watch it. I'm more of a football girl. My team is the Broncos! WHOOP WHOOP! Where are my Bronco fans? 2016 Super Bowl Champs! What's your favorite sport to watch and who's your team? I would love to hear them!

Love you guys! :)

pic spam by: